More Notifications

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

562 Comments
Anurag.Ace
First Steps

I have been using my fibit alta since August last year, and since then it has been asked by many users to add whatsapp notifications for the ios on the alta, yet this has not yet happend which is disappointing as android has already got this feature for the alta. I believe that depending on the model number, some features are restricted but the alta should get the option of which apps a user wants notifications for, even if it is just for that app selected at a time. The same thing exists for android where a user can select whether he or she wants notifications from whatsapp or normal text . Kindly work that out for ios for fitbit alta.

VictoryRunner
Jogger

I would like to have BBM notifications on my Charge 2.

MMFC
First Steps

+1 for multiple messaging apps - I use more than one regularly each day (e.g. SMS and Whatsapp, or SMS and Hangouts etc)

Kellysm_81
First Steps

User wanting whatsapp notifications on Fitbit charge 2. 

Whatsapp is the main message system I use and very annoying my Fitbit does not link to it & my iPhone. 

maxwong
Jogger
Need more notifications function for WhatsApp as well as Facebook Messenger on my Fitbit Charge 2.

Had been requesting these for long time and still no action from you guys 😞

Sent from Max WONG's iPhone 7+ 128GB

maxiwong@hotmail.com
maxiwongck@gmail.com
max.wong@icloud.com
TommySharlene
First Steps

Dear Fitbit Team,

First of all, I really love your product design. It is getting better and better over the years.

That being said, it would be really be a huge attraction point if Fitbit is able to work on integration with more 3rd party app for notification such as WHATSAPP for iOS. This is a major factor for me not to upgrade from my Fitbit HR.

I have seen colleague giving up the product entirely because of this.(and they just buy a 20 dollar band from China market that can do twice the functionality, same size, just without the brand). 

As someone who supports Fitbit, I really do hope someone from Fitbit team reads this. Thank you very much.

Shazh001
First Steps

I vote yes! A didn't no this was possible even on android till my aunt said she gets what'sapp and messenger notifications.. a spent about 2 hours trying to find a way to do this with no luck.. i don't really use SMS 

Myorchid26
First Steps

More app such as instagram and Fb notifications, and picture notification

rbux1964
First Steps

Another vote for Whatsapp iOS notifications please. Bought an iPhone (used to have android) and was a shame to lose this feature.

Jaffacat
First Steps

Another vote for Instagram Notifications. Even if it's just DM notification, it might get a bit annoying otherwise if you get a notification every time someone likes a photo. 

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DM NOTIFICATIONS FOR INSTAGRAM ON THE FITBIT ALTA!!!

Picollus
Jogger

Tricks To get Email notification on Charge 2.

- Create a dummy Calendar in Google Calendar.

- Use IFTTT to create event in Google Calendar when receiving a new email (event called [Recipient] : [Subject])

- Hide the dummy calendar from your normal calender (i will become filled with email event)

- Set default notification after 1 minutes for the dummy calendar.

- Activate Calendar notification on Fitbit Charge 2.

Voilà, you receive a 1minute delayed notification when receiving new email ! (Passed as calendar event)

Monzer
First Steps

Hi Fitbit Developers,

I just bought a fitbit alta and it is a great device however, the lack of the whatsapp notifications is disappointing as all new devices provide this feature. SMS are rarely if ever used nowadays and whatsapp is the main application for texting on smart phones. Kindly provide for support for whatsapp notifications on iphones.

Thanks

MYFRED
Stepping Up

Hello, I am the owner of a charge 2. I use the fitbit application on IOS

For notifications, it works with Calls, SMS, and events from the calendar,

buts it doesn't exist a functionnality with To-Do apps as for eg GoTasks (Google) or To-Do (Microsoft).

With these kind of apps, we can manage To-Do list with alarms (with date and hours). A the time of the alerts, it displays on my mobile screen, the text of my action or remember.

So, I would appreciate, if these short text could appear, as a notification from SMS, and events from the calendar,

Eldge
First Steps

Facebook Messenger notifications please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason for the blaze purchase was for the smart notifications on my wrist far more than it was for any fitness desire, having my steps counted is interesting and the heart rate is good.

I have an iphone and only use facebook, messenger and Instagram (as well as calls and text) so the final piece of the puzzle for me is the Facebook messenger notifications, this must only be a tiny add on to the platform as Facebook and insta are already working well!

The battery life is a BIG win too.

Well done, Thanks

mjdon
Recovery Runner

I simple shake of the wrist 5 minutes before I have a meeting would be so helpful !

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 for more on android

CaraMcF
First Steps

I recently moved abroad and stay in contact will all my friends and family at home on Whatsapp, in fact, I use Whatsapp so much that everyone where I live now messages me this way too rather than in an SMS! I have an iPhone 6 and the Charge HR but would upgrade to the Charge HR 2 in a heartbeat if this function was added. Please Please Please add Whatsapp Notifications for iPhone!

Randtrav
Jogger

I'd also love to see notifications for Telegram implemented too. This is a huge messsenging application and should be included. 

maxwong
Jogger
Please give up requesting more notifications from FITBIT, I've been requesting this LONG LONG time ago and FITBIT is doing nothing and doesn't respond to anything!!!

Sent from Max WONG's iPhone 7 Plus Black 128GB

maxiwong@hotmail.com
maxiwongck@gmail.com
max.wong@icloud.com
Meggyhafz
Jogger

I love my charge 2 so much. It is ALMOST perfect. I would like there to be email because they are very important. Thank you.

maxwong
Jogger
What you would like is not what Fitbit would do!! I've stopped requesting long time 😩

maxiwong@hotmail.com
maxiwongck@gmail.com
max.wong@icloud.com
jkhchan307
First Steps

I just bought a Alta HR. I probably would not have bought it if I knew that it does not support notification for WhatsApp and other apps. The tracker I bought from another company half the price can already support this so I am greatly disappointed to see your product cannot do it.

maxwong
Jogger
Your complaints are no good as Fitbit is not going to do anything about
your issues!!

Fitbit is no a responsible company as far as I reckon!

Max WONG

maxiwong@hotmail.com
maxiwongck@gmail.com
max.wong@icloud.com
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Common FitBit,

When does this going to work for Surge?

Thank you.

Sabine4792
Jogger

Please make Whatsapp notifications possible for iOS!!! Just bought a Charge2 but so sad.. Most important thing doesn't work!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.