More Weight Lifting or Training Programs on Premium

I would love to see weight lifting programs in the Fitbit Coach...you have lots of great cardio programs that work with my level, I would love a program that works with free weights to help start light and allows you work your way up too. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

35 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Science, not so recently, says that weight lifting is very important for all, namely to elder population, alongside with cardiac and hiit style workouts, yoga and other relax techniques. Why Fitbit (Coach) does not add weight workouts, that are asked by us for at least 2 years from now? Science is different from ideology and dogmas. If you can't do it, others have done it already, and the 5 star appreciation we have of Fitbit can be forgotten when the hour to choose a new device arrives.
GKNJ
First Steps

Love the body weight exercises but it would be great if you could add exercises using free weights or weight equipments.

Thanks,

GK

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GKNJ, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on Premium. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

GKNJ
First Steps

Great! Thanks 😊

Travis1
First Steps

please add weightlifting (dumbbell, bar, machines, etc..) workouts in the premium coach app!   Even better, allow us to share workouts with others in the community 

VeeLaGee
Recovery Runner

I agree, Fitbit needs to add this feature in order to stay competitive.

elehning
First Steps

Yes, would love to see workouts that use at least free weights but also bands. Going to drop fitbit coach and stick with fitbod. From this set of comments, looks like fitbit has been saying this is under consideration for over 2 years. Sounds like they really aren't going to do it and are just trying to hold onto our subscriptions. Should just be honest and say whether they really aren't going in that direction.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for sharing this suggestion about adding more weight lifting programs for Fitbit Coach. Let us share that Fitbit Coach is being deprecated but this suggestion still applies to Fitbit Premium so we've updated the label of this request. You can find more details about this here: About Fitbit Coach

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I would love for the workouts to be longer, more challenging and including weights or equipment.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Angelicafurlong, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add more Training Programs including weight lifting on Fitbit Coach. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.