More all inclusive features

I've been an avid Fitbit user for the past few years, using it to track everything from workouts, everyday activities, and everything in between. I've also been a collegiate track and field athlete for a few years now, and currently use the Fitbit Surge.

One of the biggest complaints I have about my current product, the Surge, is that it is not waterproof. Going to college in Oregon, I've had to deal with rain and wet weather conditions. This has caused my Fitbit to malfunction and not work correctly, causing me to get it replaced on 2 seperate occasions. Apparently "water resistant" doesn't mean rain resistant.

Currently Fitbit has a model that is waterproof (Flex 2), but lacks any of the basic "smart" watch features as it doesn't have a display.

All in all, I'd love to see an all-inclusive model released by fitbit similar to the plethora of capabilities encompassed in the Surge, but also waterproof.

Here are also some other reccomendations I have for future products:

1. Keep the built-in GPS over the connected GPS (one of the reasons I've kept the Surge). Connected GPS is very inefficient and inaccurate compared to any built-in counterpart. This causes inaccuracies in everything from step counting to any activity tracking, even if you are not explicity running.

2. Improve the heart rate sensor. The heart rate sensor can be very inacurrate at times, causing it to horribly overestimate, or underestimate heart rate. It is fairly accurate, but if you're doing any active workout it's usually very far off.

3. Improved music control. I, along with many other smartphone users, use Spotify for music. Currently no Fitbit models have this integration. I would enjoy seeing something like this in future models. I also find it interesting that Samsung can create the Gear Fit2, which has Spotify connectivity and storage to store up to 500 songs, while Fitbit is still archaic in their integration of music connectivity. Come on, Fitbit. Step up your game.

Moderator edit: labels

2 Comments
Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Steven00, we’re excited to let you know that many of the features you proposed here has now been implemented in the newest Fitbit tracker, Ionic. You can learn more about Ionic and it’s new features, like an app gallery, music and payments here: www.fitbit.com/ionic. Thank you so much for your suggestion and for taking the time to share your ideas to help us make trackers better.

Status changed to: Released
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Steven00, we’re excited to let you know that many of the features you proposed here has now been implemented in the newest Fitbit tracker, Ionic. You can learn more about Ionic and it’s new features, like an app gallery, music and payments here: www.fitbit.com/ionic. Thank you so much for your suggestion and for taking the time to share your ideas to help us make trackers better.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.