More countries in the food database

If you don't have the resources for doing this yourselves, at least define the countries, and let the community add the products and pictures. The Bar code scanner adds a quite easy way to add products and labels. If you now add a separate tile for community added products, we could easily input the values ourselves from the pictures. Then allow a few people to review the numbers and the food database should populate quickly. (Merging and deleting dupliates will need to be administrated).
To make this interesting add some badges for this and perhaps some free months of premium after some number of product additions/image translations/reviews.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

88 Comments
Peter_
First Steps

I got tired of the non-responses and non-action from Fitbits side.. 

Just use MyFitnessPal, it sync everything with Fitbit. 

JeroenVs
Stepping Up

Hi,

Since there are so many users who wants this database, I thought of combining this into one Scandinavian Database, since there is quite some overlap.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Scandinavian-Food-Database/idi-p/3638637

Maybe this can work for Fitbit 🙂

Robban87
Jogger

Fitbit is absolutely worst when it comes to logging food. A Swedish list isnt even available. I emailed Fitbit crew and they said that this could only be done after a forum post and if people are voting (thump up) for this proposal. Read on and help to get atleast 100 votes (thumb up) on this post before the end of August!

I want Fitbit to rebuild their app so the community easly can help creating international food databases for everyone using Fitbit app, with barcodes. Without any control by Fitbit crew it chould be published fast. If people are stupid enough to post pictures that shall not be posted they could be voted down by the community in the app (say for example 1 bad vote = item will be taken down and viewd by fitbit crew).

In Sweden to take as an example, we also got very good online shops for food where they have both picture and content info (https://www.citygross.se/matvaror/fryst/fryst-kott-**ahem**el-burgare-mm/kronf%C3%A5gel-kycklingfile...) -->

Näringsinnehåll

Energi 400 kJ, energi 90 kcal, fett 1.50 g, varav mättat fett 0.50 g, kolhydrat 0.50 g, varav sockerarter 0.50 g, protein 19 g, salt 0.60 g
Ingredienser
Kycklingbröstfilé 87%, vatten, salt. Ursprung kyckling: Född, uppväxt, slaktad i Sverige.

I hate having to work with 3th part apps to get some sort of well sorted food list with bar codes!

An app isnt smarter than it's creators...

Fitbit, get your things together please!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Robban87, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option in the Fitbit app. We appreciate your feedback. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

JeroenVs
Stepping Up

@Robban87  @YojanaFitbit 

Since this feature isn’t currently planned, would it help to consolidate a database for the nordics example?

Like this post: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Scandinavian-Food-Database/idi-p/3638637

I hope that is worth considering. 

KatienCarl17
First Steps

So many barcodes aren't in the food directory. We should be able to scan a product and if the item isn't listed have the option to input the nutritional information and add the item to the directory meaning that if another user were to scan that product in the future it would be available to log in their food diary accurately.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @KatienCarl17! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

KatienCarl17
First Steps

So many barcodes aren't in the food directory. We should be able to scan a product and if the item isn't listed have the option to input the nutritional information and add the item to the directory meaning that if another user were to scan that product in the future it would be available to log in their food diary accurately.

Skeeterlee
First Steps

Recently wanted to start tracking macros and for post workout meals, I use a variety of Vivo Life products and would like to see them available to scan with the barcode

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Skeeterlee! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. You can find more details here:How do I track my food with the Fitbit app?

@asbjorneliassen, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TrueLove09, thanks for explaining why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

Timpan
Jogger

Bump

when can we hope to get the database from Sweden? 

Jag rekommenderar alla som känner någon med en fitbit att be dom gå in och trycka gilla på inlägget  så vi får upp röstantalet så det kanske blir av någon gång.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.