More quick-pay apps same as Starbucks

I love the Starbucks app when I go to the Starbucks store inside to order a cup of coffee, or at the drive-thru window. It's great to not have to go looking of cash or my credit/debit plastic card to pay. Let's get more apps (a long list of other vendors) like Shake Shack, McDonalds, In and Out Burgers, Chipotle, etc. to accept the same pay method. For now Starbucks still holds the monopoly on this quick-pay method on the Ionic. 

Moderator edit: label

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MySami thanks for sharing. This is already possible with both Fitbit Pay on your Ionic (and other Fitbit smartwatches) and also a third party app called 'barcodes' where you can store up to 5 barcodes on your watch for easy access, such as gym cards, supermarket cards - anything with a fixed barcode and the numbers and letters are fixed underneath the barcode. Thanks! 

Martyn78
Jogger

I would like to see other additions to the starbucks app like a Tesco Card, Costa, Nandos etc

It would allow us to leave our plastic cards at home. Seems like an easy thing to add.

NicBru
First Steps

Check out the 'Barcodes' app. You can add up to 5 other cards from any store with up to 16 digits.

Martyn78
Jogger

Thanks for getting back to me however most cards these days use QR Codes rather than Barcodes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.