Marathon Coaching and Training Plan

My dilemma right now is that I have an Adidas SmartRun hooked into their MiCoach platform. I can go on there and download the training plan to the SmartRun Watch via wifi, it tells me the HR zones I need to be in during the run via audio prompting (speed up, slow down) as well as audio feedback for pace, distance, etc and I can listen to MP3s stored on the device via bluetooth.  They are end of lifing the program at the end of 2018 and I'm trying to find a viable alternative. 

Ideally, this would be the best case scenario for the Ionic:

1.) Goto Fitbit App/Website and Select a Half/Full Marathon Training Plan based on Current Fitness level or anticipate goal for completion

2.) Select Quantity of Days per week to Run and Long Run Day

3.) Sync with the Ionic and it will tell you your future runs including intensity and duration

4.) Sync Music to the Ionic

5.) Go for a run (either treadmill or gps outdoors)

6.) Listen to music and hear audio prompts via bluetooth headphones during the run. The prompts would be linked to current heartrate or pace and telling you to speed up or slow down.

7.) Periodic updates during the run at mile markers. Mile 3, pace: 9:17, HR 142, Time... Etc

8.) Finish run and see results and how well you adhered to the program

Moderator edit: label.

This is a simple challenge that has already been solved by Adidas 4 YEARS AGO! They are killing the program though and nobody has been able to fill this void.

29 Comments
Ceeceevb
First Steps

Fit bit needs a marathon coaching and training plan option!

XtremeSteve
First Steps

I switched away from fitbit and went to the Gear S3 and now use the PEAR app which has plans and coaching. They aren't as good as what Adidas had, but fast to respond on support requests and email. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

horank
Jogger

I switched from Garmin to Fitbit ionic because it was a more featured watch , I run marathons and would agree that the ionic needs to have included a  marathon coaching and training plan option

Windmill1o5
First Steps

Fully agree with the above. I’m happy with my Fitbit hr2 but if it only keeps track of my ‘moves’ it’s a bit too short! The real advantage would be to be able to get running programs 10k 1/2 or full marathon or to be able to make them oneself + download to watch and/or audio cues. I now need. To play around with Runkeeper. Thanks for working on this part instead of another fancy watch!  Thanks

evillama
Strider

Have to say I'm a little disappointed in the coaching plans offered by Fitbit...you'd think this is an obvious one to setup for people? I've run 5Ks, 10Ks, my first 17.75K all with the Ionic...and now plan to do the Marine Corps Marathon in October but have nothing to train with "from" Fitbit? I have to setup my own plans in spreadsheets and calendar reminders.

Kinda sad...please create something for us.

BennyV
First Steps

Was a Adidas mycoach user. Then they proposed to go to Runtastic with free Premium till 2019!

Used to run only with my phone and bluetooth headphones.

So know I was looking for a smartphone with running posibilities. So I just bought the Fitbit Versa due to the nice look.

Know I find out that Fitbit doesn't have a 10 miles or half marathon plan. Its a real disapointment and I hope that they come fast with a solution!

ryanovelo
First Steps

Will this be a function on the new Adidas version of the Ionic? Please say it is! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This should really be a must for fitbit, along with shorter plans like the C25K app for newbie runners building up to their first 5K.

Pinkrunner
First Steps

I just moved from Garmin to Fit bit because of social pressure from my family. I'm shocked that nothing is available for run training at any distance. With Garmin I simply downloaded the 16 week plan for free, then did whatever it told me that day; triggering me on intervals as well as warm up and cool down. Please fix this!

Ithyt
Jogger

I use the Nike Run app which is great but would love one on my Fitbit. Let's hope this happens soon! 

RunMoreMiles
First Steps

As an avid runner and fan of Fitbit, I agree having running training plans on the watch is needed. I can build custom workouts on my 2011 Garmin and use those for training, but have no such options on my 2018 Adidas Ionic. In 2019, it should be assumed that the wearable and not your phone is the go-to device for as many fitness actions and behaviors as possible. The Ionic has workouts, can track heart rate, distances and pace; plus can store music. So I don't see why this is not possible.

horank
Jogger

can fitbit comment back on this please , I would like to know if there are plans to provide the plans as outlined before I make a decision on going back to Garmin

Eniehaus
Keeping Pace

Using Nike Run currently and would love to see Fitbit add training plans this year.

nevynevster
Base Runner

Totally agree. I was also a big fan of Adidas smartrun with coaching and very good training plans. Ionic seemed a good alternative as it has music and built in GPS. But the lack of training plan functionality is disappointing. I can't even easily load in a plan from elsewhere. Shame

Giampi71
5K Racer

Ideally the best option would be to partner with Runtastic, now owned by Adidas, that offers great training plans.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It’s getting a little better - can now use the C25K app directly on the Versa, along with Bluetooth headphones and installed music it gives me what I need.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone and thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Marathon Coaching and Training Plan included in Premium, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

slane52186
Jogger

Hi any update on this @Lizz1 or anybody at Fitbit? I've got the Fitbit Charge 4 and would love to leverage fitbit directly for this but use Nike Run Club currently.

Pinkrunner
First Steps

Nice that it finally achieved "under consideration" status.  I've given up on Fitbit and gone back to my happy place with Garmin. They've had training plans for a least a decade. If you're a runner, Garmin is a much better setup.  Community options are superior as well.

slane52186
Jogger
Many Fitbit users are training for marathons and are required to use many training programs if they want to leverage their Fitbit. It'd be great to be able to put in all your details and then have a plan that you can use / track your progress on right on the Fitbit app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @slane52186, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Marathon Training Plan. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

Hazel200
First Steps
I want to be able to add a running Training plan To achieve a longer running distance it would allow the setting of walk/running intervals with reminders when using Fitbit to track exercise
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hazel200, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more options for running training plan. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. You can also visit similar suggestions: 

I hope to see you around.

nevynevster
Base Runner

Hi YojanaFitbit the first of those links has it logged as "existing feature" .... Which it is not ! At the moment there is no feature (that I am aware of) in the Fitbit to programme variable intervals (e.g. progression runs where you run x mins rest y then run x+1 mins rest y etc)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.