final goal: 170 lbs (you made it!)

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

14 Comments
Kerivkennedy
Recovery Runner

Awesome idea!  ❤️ this 

Travelfunlearn
Stepping Up

I would like the app to let me say when I would like my weight goal to be met, 3 months or any other time period.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! Being able to set more than one goal would be really nice to check out our progress towards it. It will be very cool also to be able to set a time period to accomplish that weight goal! Thanks for your request!

TexasTommy
Base Runner

I couldn't agree more with this. Would be great to set multiple goals and even add a time frame component.

Goal 1: lose 5 pounds by 8/18

Goal 2: lose 25 pounds by 12/18

Axlef
Jogger

Agreed!

I love my Fitbit charge hr and aria. I have a feature suggestion for the weight tile. I've set several weight loss goals and hit them all so keep changing to a new goal. What I'd like to see is the goal line in the weight chart show the goal I've set in the past before moving to a new goal.

So essentially instead of a flat goal line it shows a line which is stepping downwards every time I set a new weight loss goal.

This is really motivating for me to see that I keep hitting a new goal and be able to push myself again to set the next one.

Amym519
First Steps

I would love this!!  I had no idea it would reset my weight loss and I'm not happy about it at all. I would also allow starting goal and starting weight so it's always counted against that. 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

I like this idea as well. To compliment this idea, what about incorporating a percentage of "Weight Goal Achieved"?

As you gradually lose weight, a percentage of your target goal  is shown on the weight tile on the dashboard.

After your first weight goal is achieved, it will then restart to 0% achieved for the second weight goal. And same goes for the third, etc.

Jenny1220
First Steps

I like this idea.  I changed my goal today and  my 'pounds lost' reset.  It was only about 10 pounds but I think it should be shown on the dashboard, every bit of encouragement helps!  I think a lot of people adjust their goals along the way.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. In terms of an update, there aren't currently any plans to release this feature. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mchi and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Kfink13
Keeping Pace

I think everyone here has great ideas!  I wonder if having 1 weight goal with the ability to add milestones (mini goals) would work?  Allows users to track both long and short term goals, and might be less effort to develop.

hbaird
Jogger

I really like all the ideas listed in this thread and am really glad to hear that Fitbit is considering these additions.  I think most people try to break their ultimate goal into smaller pieces so it seems more manageable and keeps the motivation going.  I'd really like to see this as well without losing the data from the first goal.  I hope all you brilliant minds at Fitbit can make it happen!!! 

moonrabbit
First Steps

I updated my goal weight tonight to a smaller, more tangible goal and was disappointed to see my weight loss reset to 0 lbs and my starting date reset to today. To combat this, I set my starting date and weight back to the original. Now, I can see the true pounds lost on the dashboard again... but that’s a pretty clunky solution. It would be great if smaller weight goals could be built in, I’m sure there’s research that suggests it’s a lot more motivating / less daunting to see smaller numbers as goals. 

ronaldj100
First Steps

If a long-term goal wasn't distorting the weight graph, we wouldn't need to ask for having time-frame based weight goals. I think you have a great idea!  I have a different solution but something should be done.

fitbit weight chart a flat curve when a goal line displayed

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.