Music Shuffle from selected playlists

It would be nice to add an option to shuffle music from a specific playlist or better: an option to select playlists we want to shuffle instead of (i believe) only shuffling from ALL playlists.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, this could be really helpful for workout playlists. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

wtchambers
Tempo Runner

Yes, please add shuffle for individual playlists!  My playlists are separated according to beats per minute so the shuffle all which includes songs from all playlists does not work for me. I would love to shuffle the order of the songs in each individual playlist!!! 

Pasco47
First Steps

This would be an awesome addition.

JFalk
Stepping Up

Yes please allow the option to shuffle specific playlists!! 

Bonn9650
First Steps

The ability to shuffle individual playlists from the watch, view the next/previous song in the que or even scroll through the playlist would be fantastic. 

Bul_mattah
First Steps

Please add shuffle for individual playlists. Shuffle for all music is somewhat useless. That is why I separated songs into individual playlists.

danielrutley
First Steps

Please add shuffle to individual playlists - I have an audio book on one and music on another - I don't want to shuffle both... just my music so I don't have to start over each time or have to scroll - ALSO, when I go to my workout music, I wish it would pick up from where I left off instead of starting over.

Tammy2014
Recovery Runner

I would LOVE to see this feature added. I have different playlists for walking and running!! I definitely don't want them mixing!

danielrutley
First Steps

Tammy - I agree - I can't imagine that this is a major fix and don't understand why Fitbit doesn't address this as most everyone - I assume - would want this feature.

Thanks for posting Tammy.

Dan

Martyn78
Jogger

Please add shuffle to playlists, the fact that it shuffles everything defeats the purpose of having individual playlists

danielrutley
First Steps
I agree fully - it's my one big complaint with the Ionic.

Hope you're having a good week.

Dan

--
Daniel Rutley, Psy.D.
Psychotherapist ~ Author ~ Speaker

For FREE video clips, articles, newsletter and more visit:
www.DanielRutley.com

*"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry."*
- Thomas Paine

PLEASE BE KIND TO YOUR EMAIL FRIENDS
Before forwarding please remove all email addresses
and use the BCC option to add your contacts.
THANK YOU
CountryGrrl
Jogger

I've had my Fitbit for some time now. First the Alta, now upgraded to Charge 3. I discovered the "Track Exercise" function over a year ago but I find it frustrating to use it as I can only shuffle music when the music playlist is set to "All". I'd really like it that we could select a specific playlist as I have many different bluetooth devices around my home that I play music on. I created a walking playlist in iTunes  some time ago specifically at the tempo for my walking pace etc (with pop music as that is what gets me into my walking and spurs me on), but I cannot select only that within the app. Because I have bluetooth music system, I keep all my music playlists on my iPhone as you would and many of them. Some are just not suitable for walking pace such as some of my chill music or faster tempo music.

Not to mention that I sometimes use my elliptical at a slower pace, and running involves yet another tempo of music etc. I really hoped that Fitbit would have sorted this issue out by now or that someone else would have pointed out the obvious. As it is I have to logon to my iMac, open iTunes, deselect ALL my playlists that should not play and leave only Walking Music selected. Then Synch. Then when I'm done, theoretically if I want to play music around my home, re open iTunes and select the playlists I want to play and re synch it. 

Needless to say I'm sure you realise this can be a pain. I do know that it is possible for Fitbit to have their App Developers make it possible to select any playlist, as I've had a few walking apps that have allowed me to do this. My issue is, I'd like to do everyone in just one app, and use the Fitbit Track Exercise function instead of using some other walking app. 

Please could you get your developers to adjust this function. Fitbit must have millions upon millions of users accessing the software and in my opinion it warrants such a function being there. I am a huge music fan and music keeps my motivated, without it I simply would not walk to be honest as I walk alone and live rurally so not really able to join any walking groups. Even if I did I would feel I were hampering a group or they weren't at my pace etc. 

As an additional suggestion, I've had a walking app that allowed me to import my music playlist to social media which also gave all my walking stats at the same time. I found that really useful as I was able to compare how I did in which session and what I was playing that made me exert myself etc. Or what I was playing that slowed me down and demotivated me etc. Not to mention its nice to share a playlist in general as it gives others an idea what you're listening to and helps them to create playlists. 

Please could someone look into these suggestions and take them seriously. I'm addicted to the app, but those features would benefit so many people like me who have over twenty odd playlists on their phone of different genre's and tempos. Cheers

CountryGrrl
Jogger

Has anything even been done about this issue? I've had my Fitbit for some time now. First the Alta, now upgraded to Charge 3. I discovered the "Track Exercise" function over a year ago but I find it frustrating to use it as I can only shuffle music when the music playlist is set to "All". I'd really like it that we could select a specific playlist as I have many different bluetooth devices around my home that I play music on. I created a walking playlist in iTunes  some time ago specifically at the tempo for my walking pace etc (with pop music as that is what gets me into my walking and spurs me on), but I cannot select only that within the app. Because I have bluetooth music system, I keep all my music playlists on my iPhone as you would and many of them. Some are just not suitable for walking pace such as some of my chill music or faster tempo music.

Not to mention that I sometimes use my elliptical at a slower pace, and running involves yet another tempo of music etc. I really hoped that Fitbit would have sorted this issue out by now or that someone else would have pointed out the obvious. As it is I have to logon to my iMac, open iTunes, deselect ALL my playlists that should not play and leave only Walking Music selected. Then Synch. Then when I'm done, theoretically if I want to play music around my home, re open iTunes and select the playlists I want to play and re synch it. 

Needless to say I'm sure you realise this can be a pain. I do know that it is possible for Fitbit to have their App Developers make it possible to select any playlist, as I've had a few walking apps that have allowed me to do this. My issue is, I'd like to do everyone in just one app, and use the Fitbit Track Exercise function instead of using some other walking app. 

Please could you get your developers to adjust this function. Fitbit must have millions upon millions of users accessing the software and in my opinion it warrants such a function being there. I am a huge music fan and music keeps my motivated, without it I simply would not walk to be honest as I walk alone and live rurally so not really able to join any walking groups. Even if I did I would feel I were hampering a group or they weren't at my pace etc. 

As an additional suggestion, I've had a walking app that allowed me to import my music playlist to social media which also gave all my walking stats at the same time. I found that really useful as I was able to compare how I did in which session and what I was playing that made me exert myself etc. Or what I was playing that slowed me down and demotivated me etc. Not to mention its nice to share a playlist in general as it gives others an idea what you're listening to and helps them to create playlists. 

Please could someone look into these suggestions and take them seriously. I'm addicted to the app, but those features would benefit so many people like me who have over twenty odd playlists on their phone of different genre's and tempos. Cheers

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CountryGrrl! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your idea. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot a users would like to have this option to listen music. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I don't know if this feature to shuffle a playlist has been added as I haven't use my ionic for music as of yet. Though I would also like to see this make a feature also. 🙂 Thanks

Caden.J
First Steps

There is a way to shuffle songs in a specific playlist of your choice. Just go into the playlist and pick a song (any song works), then at the bottom left should be three dots, tap that and in that menu should be a shuffle symbol at the top, tap that and the next song will be random

akmiecik
Jogger

Dear Fitibit, the days of forcing listeners to sequentially listen to songs went out with the LP.

Cmon man

Frates
First Steps

From day one I have looked for a way to shuffle individual playlists. There's not even another app that will do this.  Seems like a useful feature, especially for those with audio books.  Also, seeing some of the queue as the watch is playing through the playlist would be useful.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this request already exists. On the Ionic and Versa series you can shuffle your music when using the Music app, Spotify, Deezer or Pandora. We hope you enjoy this feature and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.