Nationwide Challenges for Specific Days

I would like to suggest that Fitbit offer challenges that can track the opted-in Fitbit community on specialized days.  For example, Global Running Day is on June 6, and it would be so cool to see how many people commit to being active by logging at least 1 mile or hitting their step goal for the day.  Even better would be to keep a running (pun intended) tally of how many miles are logged that day by FitBit users who accept the challenge.  This could also be extended to days like Boston Marathon Day, NYC Marathon Day or other days devoted to physical activity and healthy living.  Right now, challenges only accept 10 people, which can't drive a nationwide movement.

Moderator Edition Labels. 

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @CKDenning. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Jayelo
Pace Setter

I think that would be a fun challenge. I just wish Fitbit would get on it with creating new challenges period. 

Cato23
Stepping Up

My suggestion is to add something to the challenges and adventures page on the fitbit app. This "something" would be a challenge between all fitbit users. It could be a weekly thing or monthly. User would accept the challenge and see at the end of the time period where they stacked up against others. This could be a race or virtual hike somewhere or just a total of something. One time could be how many steps, and another could be how many miles walked.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cato23, thanks for sharing this suggestion, it looks like a huge amount of participants but let's see what others think. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

NickyN
Recovery Runner

I agree, we need a greater variety of challenges

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.