Natwest bank added to Fitbit Pay

Please add Natwest Bank to Fitbit Pay

159 Comments
Carl26
First Steps

This is the 2nd time I’ve Commented on this issue, I have to say Fitbit you need to get your act together.

Instead of making new products  and trying to get new customs you should keep the olds one happy, this is a problem that needs to be solved, I understand it can’t be easy, but at least a comment from yourself “Fitbit” to keep us updated and explain why there is a delay, and it should not be the same as the previous comment. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

One of the main features of a smart watch is the ability to pay electronically. Not having natwest or any of the other major banks on fitbit pay is unreal, in fact its rendering fitbit in the UK dead on arrival. 

LauraC88
Jogger

If Natwest isnt added to Fitbit pay then it is an unused feature, and there was no point me paying the extra for the special edition.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@LauraC88  if NatWest is there bank you want to see added, then you will want to put the word NatWest into the subject, rather than use the generic term of add more banks.

I suggest using the edit function to your post above.

LauraC88
Jogger

I would like Natwest added to fitbit pay so I can use it.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LauraC88 ! Great suggestion. I've moved it into a similar request. I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LauraC88, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here: Natwest bank added to Fitbit PayKeep adding your suggestions!

ficba
Stepping Up

NatWest --> I know that this is "under consideration", but I thought I'd add my support here. I know that you are an American company, and that features can be a bit slow to appear for everyone else outside your boarders, but this is a little ridiculous. You offer a feature, and it can't really be used. Someone suggested on this board that it seemed like a con - it is!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Like Garmin or Apple Pay Fitbit needs to add each bank individually. I'm not sure if there is one list of every international or national Bank for Fitbit to refer to. My thought is that it would not hurt to contact the bank and ask them to reach out to Fitbit.

ficba
Stepping Up

Hi Rich - I’m sure that there is a specific process to establish a link with UK banks for touch pay, but I think the point is why has this process not been followed as yet... why are we still waiting? Only Fitbit knows the answer.

klippiatt97
First Steps

Have just payed the extra for the Charge 3 Special Edition so that I could used Fitbit pay. Was gutted after finding out it doesn't accept Natwest. Why is the list of banks available so limited? Please add more!!!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

One reason,  like apple and Garmin pay, each bank needs to be added separately I'm not sure if it is possible to get a list of every bank in the world. That's why I suggest having banks contact Fitbit, having a bank contract Fitbit would be more efficient than telling Fitbit to track down a bank especially as some requests are from banks in countries smaller that the average state. 

I'm not saying this it's the case with Natwest, as for as we know Fitbit may or may not be in contact with them.

It is usually better to attack these kinds of requests from both sides,  if one pray is not receptive maybe the other party will be.

A lousy of banks may be found at Banks & Transit Supporting Fitbit Pay™

lil_D
Jogger

Some of these comments are over a year old and yet no new payment methods (neither banks, nor card types, nor third party consolidators like paypal or google pay or android pay) have been enabled. What's the roadmap on this? Is there an ETA on having any banks or cards developed on fitbit pay at all? 

Reead
Jogger

My comments gets deleted by fitbit. When i say that they do not hv representstive in uk.

Reead
Jogger

Fitbit does not value uk customers n do not hv any1 in uk 

Sykesdean1995
First Steps

Can we get natwest to fitbit pay please it would be a bog help for us all who is on Nat West please take us in to consideration thank you fitbit

Reead
Jogger
No.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I see a few banks that are on the UK.

O still think our is best to approach this from both sides. 

Screenshot_20190417-151325_Chrome.jpg

Reead
Jogger
Keep trying Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed with all the comments starting on 2018, NatWest (and other major banks) are a must. Love my Fitbit, but you're really missing a trick without these banks onboard .

Reead
Jogger
But still fitbit is not helping.they dont have any worker in uk. So sort of uselessSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
ficba
Stepping Up

I just raised a support log, claiming that the fitbit is damaged due to a lack of such basic support as common banks in the UK. I've asked for my money back. Let's see if that raises an eye brow back at Ivory Towers Fitbit. Unlikely I suppose.

Reead
Jogger
Haha.. gd luk
Jackster139
First Steps

Yes. Just upgraded from blaze to ionic and its complete false advertisement. There is pretty much no Fitbit pay here in UK and it needs to get sorted. Nat west please 

Aaron1988
First Steps

Feel like I been ripped off here.

Bought a new charge 3 in error but loved it so gave it to my wife then bought the charge 3 limited edition with pay (that I originally intended to) to get it home to find that actually Fit bit pay isn't like contactless/android pay and no actual UK banks are even supported.  This should of been more obvious and it's actually pointless.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.