Sync with MYZONE heart rate monitor

I wear a My Zone heart rate monitor. It truly has enhanced the intensity of my workouts. It would be great if you could figure out a way to sync with their data. I have heard that they are coming out with a watch but there is no way that I am giving up my Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

44 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Ericahershy
First Steps

Hi there,

I too would love to integrate with MyZone or the MyZone app. I use MyZone for rigorous workouts and would love if that heart rate data / exercise data could integrate with the Fitbit app. 

hparris
First Steps

Yes please connect with my one heart monitor app.

kidrick
First Steps

I'm sure it's been said before, but i would love if you had heartrate based challenges. Not based on overall heartrate, but instead based on your averages, resting, and peak so that advanced people can compete with beginners on a level playing field by the amount of effort they put in.

For example each minute in the fat burning zone is worth 1 point and each minute in cardio zone (70-80) is worth 3 points and each minute in max zone (above 80) is worth 4 points.

This is similar in concept to an app called myzone which has built a community based on this idea. Gamifying fitness is a huge motivator.

A killer workout at the gym doesn't always coincide with steps. Especially for me since I'm currently healing from a broken leg.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@kidrick It's great to see you around.

Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about adding heart rate based challenges. Once any update is available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

LisaG14
First Steps

I agree. I spend a lot of time in the gym or doing yoga and Pilates which may not equate to steps.

Psychout
Jogger

I agree that something along these lines would be cool... or maybe even a challenge for most active minutes. Steps are all well and good but active minutes brings a new dimension to the challenge and would help level the playing field.

Xander44
First Steps

Hey guys, 

I am a PT and almost every fitbit user at our gym would use this heart rate based competition, effort competition. Many are considering switching to the Myzone due to this, (especially with all of the Joe Rogan publicity of late), so I am hoping this is in the works. 

There is no better way to build a community around the fitbits and all the data is already captured so I have full faith!

Thanks in advance guys - love your work! 

Regards, 

Alex. 

Feyfeylafey
First Steps

Same here. 

I am just starting to use My Zone and I don’t want to give up my Fitbit Versa ... 

please please. It would be amazing if we could sync Fitbit with My Zone App. 🙂

Ducky11
First Steps

I am a gym owner and personal trainer. We have Myzone at our club. Our members love it, we love it and it's really changed the way i train myself and my clients. Many of them also have Fitbits and I just got a Fitbit Versa as a gift. I encourage the use of both products together for a total veiw and tracking of your activities throughout the whole day. It would be a total game changer if these 2 products were compatible or if at least the apps were. 

SD1990
First Steps

Hello,

My gym has the Myzone fitness tracking systems, which is a great way to see how intense your workouts are. I would love to be able to connect my fitbit versa with the Myzone app, so I can monitor my progress on my watch while I'm working out.  Is this compatibility possible? I love my versa, but am looking into other watches as they all seem to support this connection besides fitbit.

Thanks!

Bowtye8
First Steps

Looking for a update. My wife uses apple health which connects with myzone and then will.post to fitness pal.

kidrick
First Steps

Yes, feeling pretty ignored here. I personally am not interested in syncing with MyZone, I'd rather have the challenges native to fitbit, but whatever you decide is fine with me. I stopped using my fitbit for everything except sleep tracking because I can't compete on steps with my girlfriend because I was hit by a van which broke my femur. Steps in no way measure health. heartrate does. Just give us a basic function please - counting points. i don't need to hike the Andes and learn about Alpacas. P.S. the Gems never work on my LG G6 - it's always blank and sometimes I can hit the button which collects it. then when I click it again it shows up. but if its a challenge or anything else I can't tell because it's blank. Thanks for your time and consideration

stellablue910
First Steps

Any updates on syncing Fitbit with MyZone? This would be a great feature for those who use both. Fitbit is great for steps but MyZone is better for workouts. It would be nice to have the data in one place.

Chloemt1
First Steps

+1 syncing data from myzone & Fitbit would be great to sync heart rate data. Please consider. Thanks 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd love to be able to sync Myzone workouts to Fitbit as well.

SizzlinSnowflak
First Steps

Agreed! being able to see my myzone active workout data on my fitbit while I workout would be awesome! But if the apps could at least sync up with my workout data after the fact that would be great too. It's hard to use my fitbit during a kickboxing class as the gloves and wraps get in the way. Would love to still track my data in one place!

KWeezy
First Steps

My gym just added MyZone heartrate trackers, this app does not sync with my Fitbit tracker, HELP!  MyZone is the number one heart rate monitor used in gyms.  I am a fitness instructor there, and members follow our lead on wrist trackers.  Other instructors are syncing with Apple watch, and Garmin trackers ... please don't make me switch from the Fitbit tracker I love.

kbotcheller
Recovery Runner

I just started using a MyZone belt for rigorous workouts and would love to sync it with Fitbit. I wear a Versa daily, but the MyZone belts are required for the classes I take at my gym. Please allow for sync up!!

mac.calder
First Steps

Can I +1 this. The gym that I go to has probably 30+ fitbit users who also have MyZone who are all wanting this functionality - so as far as products go, it is not like you are competitors - so PLEASE work with MyZone to integrate. Especially an app for the watch-based products so that we have the same functionality as apple and samsung smart watches.

It would be awesome if you could do a bit of a two-way integration with their steps based part of the app as well (so you can opt in to earn MEP's for movement - which would otherwise use your phone to track movement).

michelle509
First Steps

I agree. I wear my Fitbit daily and just upgraded to a Versa so it tracks my heart rate. But I wear my MyZone for workouts and would love to have the two sync. 

Shenoab88
Jogger

I wear my Fitbit daily. I swim and run and bike. It does read my heart rate, but it doesn't seem to always know what I'm doing and it isn't as accurate as my Myzone monitor. I don't want to give up my Fitbit, I would just like my workouts to sync with the app. Is there a possibility that Fitbit will start to incorporate myzone with their program until they develop their own? I love my Fitbit, but when it comes to accuracy in the gym, my Fitbit doesnt stand against myzone. I would love to have them work together. 

mcurtin04
Recovery Runner

Agree would be great to have my Versa and myzone HR monitor synch for challenges.

Pulllllleeeeze!!

@Mgarciaberry wrote:

I wear a My Zone heart rate monitor. It truly has enhanced the intensity of my workouts. It would be great if you could figure out a way to sync with their data. I have heard that they are coming out with a watch but there is no way that I am giving up my Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SizzlinSnowflak
First Steps

Please please please look into this! I have started doing a lot of combat/self defense style workouts that require you not to wear a watch. It would be great if I could still get credit for my effort in my workout tracking with myzone. 

I would love to be able to see the myzone tile on my versa for cardio workouts too, like you seem to be able to do with an apple watch, but I would settle for the apps being able to communicate at this point! 🙂

kidrick
First Steps

@EdsonFitbitPlease see my post from 11-08-2018 16:07 - I originally wrote that post on its own and then it got added to this thread of syncing with myzone. syncing with myzone is a very niche thing to make Fitbit collaborate with a competitor and I don't ever expect Fitbit to do so because the app does not make money, they hardware does. So why would Fitbit allow you to buy someone else's hardware and sync it with their app? My suggestion was to compete with myzone (even slightly) by adding a simple feature to compete with friends via heart rate instead of steps. I'll remind you of your mission "To empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be"... as long as it's step based. There's no doubt that gamifying and competition increases motivation, but if for "you" an active life is cycling, weight training, high intensity interval training, or if you're in a wheelchair or recovering from an accident then Fitbit is not for you... sorry for being cheeky, but my point is that heart rate is a more accurate measurement of health and relative effort than steps and I think your money would be better spent developing such a simple feature rather than paying models to post pictures on your "community". Sorry... Rant over

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.