Net calorie deficit or surplus for the week as a banner

I would really like to see a feature that shows the net calorie deficit / surplus for week to date (not rolling 7 day). I noticed today that under sleep there is a banner at the top that showed average minutes asleep for the week. Can you put a banner under "calories left" that showed the calories under or over for the week? This way this dashboard item will let the user know how they are doing for the day as well if they need to decrease their calorie intake over the remaining week to stay within their goals. This is really the essence of Fitbit: the calorie in versus calorie out. The steps and other stats are just motivators or means to achieve the ultimate result of net calorie deficit.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information and labels.

9 Comments
awifeyforlifey
Stepping Up

Yes please! +1 on this.

One of the things I liked most about one of my first fitness trackers (Body Media) was that I could access net calories in/out for any time frame. It was great to see my averages over a period of time

dcmnky
First Steps

I would like to see my net calories,  too. Especially, the deficits since I'm trying to lose weight. It would be nice to be able to adjust the timeframes, as well.

usagisisa
Base Runner

I also miss being able to see my calorie deficit (net calories) at a glance in real time.  I really feel this is the best motivational number for anyone trying to lose weight and wish that fitbit would add this feature.  They have the calories in, they measure the burn - JUST GIVE US THE NET!  Please!  

Neechy
First Steps

Just here to encourage this feature as well. It would help to see trends about your net calorie intake/expenditure. The successes I've experienced in weight loss have been mostly due to the data and its trends provided by the Fitbit app. Watching those trends climb/fall has been very rewarding and motivating.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Knavola, I think this is a good suggestion. Having this information in the Fitbit Dashboard would be awesome to get more details about calories.

miker7301
Stepping Up

Good idea 

Knavola
Jogger
Amen!

Sent from my iPhone
Bucsdg
Jogger

I agree. I want to see net calories a daily basis and then total for the week. I do not want it to be a rolling week.  The only way to know I'm on track is if I have a calorie deficit. The other numbers don't mean anything to me.. Thank you. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.