Include Elevation in Mobile App

Although it appears on the Web version I think it would be helpful if the total elevation gain and elevation chart appears on the app for runs in exercise mode.

This data is already displayed on the Web version so think it would be great if this could be added to the app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

54 Comments
Gbarn
First Steps
The new mobile app with GPS is great for tracking distance but would be even better if it also tracked and recorded elevation gain. I still need to use Strava to track elevation gain for my hikes and rides.
justrob
Jogger

I currently use Map My Run but have recently started using the Fitbit IOS app. I find the design of the app much cleaner and easier to use (I also plan on buying a Surge as soon as it's released in the UK).

There is however one bit of vital information missing from the app and that's elevation. 

On Map My Run, I look at this screen all the time because it shows the effort vs elevation (therfore showing how well, or not, I do on hills!).

As the website dashboard includes elevation, can in the first instance, it be included on the IOS app at the very least? Effort is also shown so it would be ideal that could be combined with elevation to give a clear picture like below.

Untitled.png

RandyWood84
Recovery Runner

@justrob -- I agree.  Should be straight forward since it is already on the Dashboard.  FitBit.... please add!

Tadd
First Steps

I'd like to see an elevation chart on my iPhone app when I'm reviewing my hike/bike exercise stats.  Speed, heart rate and calories are charted, but I cannot see elevation.  Thanks.

Ffmpe
First Steps
It would be really great to include an elevation curve into the Android app. Thx a lot! 😛
Ffmpe
First Steps
I agree too! And it would be awesome to have this feature also on Android! 😉
Pelicanneck
First Steps
Although it appears on the Web version I think it would be helpful if the total elevation gain and elevation chart appears on the app for runs in exercise mode.

This data is already displayed on the Web version so think it would be great if this could be added to the app.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I take often a tour through the woods and the hills and there I need the altitude in metres. It shhould be shown during the wandering and in the summary view in the app and on the PC dashboard. It wotld be nice, if there are no etages nut in real metres.

Thanks!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Pelicanneck Thanks for your suggestion about a adding the elevation on the app! We very much appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board!

Angel-nz
Recovery Runner

Would love this to be included for cycling also.

Thanks 🙂

Catsalois
Jogger
Adding elevation to the app is no brainier!! Would be a great addition to the surge output options
Aabrown5
First Steps
Yes, please!
JSchmo
Stepping Up
Agree - and make elevation a displayable item in Bike, Run, Hike modes. Could be nice motivator!
lprazak
First Steps

Being able to manually enter elevation, especially for the FLEX, would be helpful as there's no altimeter. Many hiking guides have this marked and it will more accurately reflect our exercise. I.e. I went on a 5.2 km hike over 4 hours, which looks like i'm moving very slow, however, I gained and lost ~1000m!

Worm
First Steps
Please add elevation tracking! Fitbit is way behind on this! All the other tracking apps have elevation incorporated into the app.
Shootandwalk
First Steps
Please can we add altitude measuring to the Fitbit app like on map my walk? If map my walk can do it on a free app accurately then surely fitbit can do it? My alta was a gift, so I had no choice on model and it l doesn't offer floors. Even so floors are not that accurate so when I walk fells or mountains it cannot accurately record the effort I'm putting in!
knollbrook
Jogger
The Exercise summaries are fantastic but unfortunately they don't record the elevation gained during a run - even though that data is presented on the Surge as part of the run summary. Please include on the app for future reference??

The map summary of the Free Run route is awesome. Please also include a graph showing the profile (elevation vs distance)??
XavierPruete
First Steps
Please add elevation to the app. That would be awesome! I he a Charge 2 and would appreciate seeing that. Also, does the app calculate the elevation gain/loss into the calorie burn on an exercise?
BikerBart
First Steps

I too have a Charge 2. I would like to see an elevation profile similar to Garmin's where you only calculate the elevation gains (after all what really counts when one is hiking). See Garmin Connect web based tool for examples.

An elevation profile would be icing on the cake.

steelcranium
Recovery Runner

I'm all for this addition, Fitbit. Per my hairsplitting thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Does-Charge-2-have-an-altimeter/m-p/1743572#M18261

miker7301
Stepping Up

Amazed this hasn't been done already.

BikerBart
First Steps

Would Fitbit please respond letting the community know why this request is not being acted upon.

Yes, stairs are appropriate for indoor folks. The rest of us who do our climbing outdoors it is very frustrating experience. As a new member (Christmas gift) it is just downright confusing.

Why not make it a user option: Stairs or Elvation (in feet/meters).

BikerBart
First Steps
Thank you. I just added my comments to your post. Bart
Amychgreen
Jogger

Please can elevation gain, that is recorded on my charge2 when I do a run, be also recorded on the app on my phone when it syncs the data 

BikerBart
First Steps
Amychgreen,
Thank you for adding your voice.
Bart
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.