Include Elevation in Mobile App

Although it appears on the Web version I think it would be helpful if the total elevation gain and elevation chart appears on the app for runs in exercise mode.

This data is already displayed on the Web version so think it would be great if this could be added to the app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

54 Comments
NicoleJen
Jogger

Before using my fitbit, I used Map My Walk app. They displayed a graph of the rise/fall of elevation on a walk/run/ride etc. I particularly liked this when hiking.  Horizontal bars showed in metres to give it perspective.  This could be a useful feature in the Floors tab.

N

Examples of elevation graphs.Examples of elevation graphs.

Screenshot_20170217-053024.png

Screenshot_20170217-052937.png 

warAndJunk
Jogger

As a cyclist, i want the elevation added to the interactive view of the workout so we can see where the climbs were and how our heartrate and speed changed.

Moving the slider moves the place on the map like the other widgets.

This assumes GPS info is available.

Winjr6
First Steps

I never go on the web dashboard.  Need elevation and chart on the app. Please?!

cynique
First Steps

Please include elevation info in the app, not only the web version. +1

niconyc
Base Runner

Please put elevation back into the iPhone app!  I feel like it used to be there just a month or two ago but now it is gone!!  Bring it back please! 

DavidBoulder
Recovery Runner

I see this tiny elevation on the web app. It should be same size as others, so can look side by side, and should also be in mobile app. It at least is not in iOS app.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 12.26.18 PM.png

BikerBart
First Steps
Hi David,
Where on the web app do you see elevation. All I can find is floors.
When I first started looking into this, someone in the community felt that a floor was ~10'. Dumb way to show elevation data - that
is in the fitbit in order to calculate floors.
Bart
DavidBoulder
Recovery Runner

Its in a picture in picture over the bottom right corner of the map (see image in orig post)

SusanDJ
Jogger

Yes please, display of the elevation gain in the app would be most helpful! I live in Montana and it would be great to see elevation gains directly in the app when I'm hiking, biking or walking! Since it is available on the website it would be nice to expand that information to the app as it is much easier for me to access and utilize the app on my iPhone.

HDG
Jogger

Seems a bit odd to go into how to find elevation by burrowing in to the web site when what we want is a real-time check on exactly what our elevation is when hiking up a mountain.  Just a click selection on the fitbit, that's what we'd like, nothing complicated, just something to quickly check like everything else. Capability already there, just needs to be implemented and made available.  Can you add air temperature while you're at it?

jkleed
Jogger

Yeah would like to see this stat/graph in the app again.

weather info would also be much appreciated like with Garmin

honglong1976
Sprinter

You have a run or cycle using connected GPS. You look in the app, everything appears except elevation (which does actually show on the device or via Strava if linked).

Please add elevation to the app.

Thanks

Pockypockpock
Stepping Up

I've begun training for some long treks and would like elevation included in the App.  It is annoying to have to go home and log onto the website in order to see the elevation graph when it is a very important element of hiking.  Since it is readily available data, please add it to the App as a feature.  The lack of this data on the App is one of the reasons I am considering switching to a Garmin at this point...

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

miker7301
Stepping Up

I'm looking at alternative manufacturers, Fitbit's inability to add a simple "Total ascent" to the phone app, or watch is disappointing.

I would have thought it would have been on the new ionic, but the feature's omission is a glaring disappointment.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

This was under consideration but after internal discussion, we do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Alliu23
First Steps

Please consider adding the elevation during hikes to the exercise summary on the app after I sync.  It would be so helpful to see the elevation gain as well as calories burned, pace, etc.  

EllaRuns
Jogger

Hello,

I connect my phone and my fitbit, and set it to hiking. Upon completion of the hike, it summarizes the stats of the hike, including the elevation gain, but I cannot find this information again anywhere else, not on the app, and not on the web dashboard. The elevation is shown for runs, but not for hikes. I would very much appreciate it if this feature was added to the app/web dashboard, as it is a key detail relating to the intensity of a hike.

Thanks.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi,
my Versa shows me the elevation right after an exercise has finished. However this does not apply to the mobile App (Android).
If i open a recent activity i see the usual things (Heart-rate, distance, calories, map).

Can you add the to the activity overview?

Currently the webview of my activity shows the elevation:

Elevation.PNG

So this should not be a big deal right?

I'd also like to suggest that you use that very well readable overview from the web in the mobile app as "scroll-down-view" (see below) rather than tabbed! 
Screenshot_20180809-184726_Chrome.jpg

JWGH
Jogger

Elevation data for workouts such as cycling, running, hiking is available on the the website but not in the app. Please can this data be made available in the app.

Trying to use the website on a phone is quite hard and elevation is a key part of many exercises, so I feel like this is a big issue and hopefully quite easy to fix.

Mitch995sesH
First Steps

Why only have the elevation gain and loss graph online and not on the app. Seems like a simple addition and would simplify where to find this information, especially for us hikers. Thanks  

TSmith9
First Steps

Hi Fitbit, 

please add the elevation feature on the app! The only way I can see elevation from my walks/runs are to sign onto the website. I am not sure why you don’t have elevation on the app when you have all of the other features. Please add this - I’ve seen many other complaints online as well. We’d all love to see this on an update! Thanks 

xrayg
First Steps

Wow what a great suggestion. It is so silly that Fibit would not include elevation gain- a very important stat for runners, walkers, hikers, etc on the app. Every other tracking app uses elevation gain. Step into 2019 already Fitbit.

MarcoTassie
First Steps

It would be really great to include an elevation curve into the IOS app for each exercises, as it is in the web dashboard.

Thx a lot! 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MarcoTassie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.