Include Elevation in Mobile App

Although it appears on the Web version I think it would be helpful if the total elevation gain and elevation chart appears on the app for runs in exercise mode.

This data is already displayed on the Web version so think it would be great if this could be added to the app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

54 Comments
SmokingTarget
First Steps

Elevation statistics should be better integrated into the app. For example when viewing a hike or walk etc. The elevation statistics should be shown at the same glance as steps, calories burned, etc. Also instead of just floors the option should also exist to show meter and or feet. Also the elevation profile as can be seen on the webpage would look great in the app. (Fitbit ionic, iOS and also android apps)

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SmokingTarget, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

grezeh
First Steps

Hello, considering Charge3: wonder why there is no altitude data in app post hike. You have the goods (barometer) and during hiking/trekking, as a rule, we don't count stairs. (Seen the bracelet briefly showing some altitude in meters ).
 So, for example: alti/baro calibration pre-hike using connected gps or in untethered mode- input known height/reset at sea level. Track. Post-hike: generate some nice overlay for the pictures.

Optionally: barometric data/warnings as is usual for flatlands/folks who prefer it.

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@grezeh Thank you for your suggestion about including altitude data in meters in Fitbit app.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea. Please check out @LizFitbit's post.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.