Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,428 Comments
Bmack3
First Steps
After the latest upgrade to the fitbit app UI, I'm finding the new sleep graph unreadable. The colours don't contrast so I can't tell at a glance what they mean, there are too many black lines trying to connect all the colour blobs together and it's no longer tappable to get information at a specific graph point.
Kesstral
Recovery Runner

The app redesign of the sleep information is so incredibly hard to read (and sleep score is useless to me, I prefer to see my sleep timeline to judge my sleep quality).  If i want to look at different days, I have to click on Week, then a specific day to compare sleep stats, then back to week and repeat (way too many steps!)

The sleep information is the only feature that is really keeping me as a Fitbit user (and I've been a user since 2012!)

Agreed, the update is terrible and has ruined the way sleep data is displayed.  It is now far more difficult to read and less user friendly.  Epic fail.  

CFNZ
Jogger

After using a Charge for a few years then stopping because it broke I found I was missing the daily sleep feedback.  After about a year of no data I decided about a month ago to buy a Versa 4, primarily to get on top of my increasingly erratic sleep patterns. Things had been going well....... until this bombshell update hit!  From a user perspective, the visuals of the new sleep info are AWFUL.....

• there's no separation between data graph and background making it feel unfocused
  • The daily graph is cluttered and visually challenging, partcularly on the left where the 'key' interferes with data
  • 'Deep' and 'Light' colours are difficult to differentiate

Additionally

• The graph that showed a simple and direct comparison of time spent in different stages has been amalgamated with other data (Benchmarks) producing a VERY busy and difficult- to-focus-on user experience (this WAS one of my key user displays)PSX_20240420_102836.jpg

• Yes....its now easier to see the data detail for one specific point in the chart though I only stumbled on this update by chance (hold finger/stylus on chart and drag left to right)

PLEASE reconsider this update......add some CHOICE as to what users can see or hide on a graph and use color scheme that isnt so neutral and blah.

Greyhound12
First Steps

I don’t like the change.  Not recording my sleep correctly.  Use to be able to manually begin sleep. Would show me how many minutes it to me to fall asleep and how many times I woke up.   Last night it showed I fell asleep at 1:45 am and woke up at 2:58am.   Stopped recording sleep for some reason.  Fitbit was fully charged 

BevyG
Jogger

Mine is doing the same. Not recording sleep until hours later. I paid for a premium subscription in January. I feel totally ripped off and wish I could get a refund 

Eloise26
First Steps

Agree, impossible to decipher- initially assumed it was broken and closed/reopened as I can’t believe it passed QA to be rolled out!

Will move to another brand of tracker if this doesn’t change as it’s useless 

Limbocat
Jogger

This new interface is a deal break for me. The sleep interface is unusable. Completely useless. I have been a loyal Fitbit user from long ago but I can’t even believe how bad this is. I guess Apple Watch, here I come, and my husband and 3 kids go with me. It was great while it lasted Fitbit, but your last few interface changes have succeeded in  driving me away. 

Smvad
Stepping Up

Why can’t they bring the old graphics back? 

michw99
Jogger
Ask for a refund. I did and got one. My subscription was done through Apple.
Michele
Sent from my iPad
BevyG
Jogger

I just canceled my premium subscription and asked for a refund. Which of course they said it’s not refundable. Deeply disappointing. 

Morriso
First Steps
I essentially agree. I would like the update completely reversed. Colors are awful. If these colors are in at moment this is not a home decor space, it is a space for graphs that should easy to read and crisp. I liked seeing my Vo2 reading-gone. And all the letter fonts and charts (how many hrs of activity, the step ring, calorie ring, etc.) are all so big the scrolling seems like too much.
dbmorriso
Sent from my iPhone
michw99
Jogger

I am suggesting anyone that has a Premium subscription ask for a refund as the new sleep data is not what you agreed to when you bought your subscription.

I asked for a refund and received one. My subscription was done through Apple.

fluffola
First Steps

Please bring back the old Fitbit sleep tracker—the new update has ruined our beloved app.  —sad and disappointed. 

Why123456
First Steps

When my Versa 2 died last year I decided to buy an Apple Watch as a replacement. In less than a day I took it back and bought a Versa 4 instead. There were several reasons why I didn’t like the Apple Watch, but a major one was the lack of sleep data without installing a ton of apps. Fitbit was so easy to read. Not anymore. This new layout is impossible to read and useless. Please fix this. I’m severely dissatisfied with this update!

CliveK
First Steps

The new app update on sleep monitoring is hopeless. I have used this for 5 years or more to monitor my sleep after I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Since the app update I don’t get sleep data at all, 3 nights now. With the previous version I got it every night. I don’t have premium so can’t comment on that. 

Babs1
Jogger

Please let us go back to the previous version! This new one is horrible, and does not give the detail needed

SSam77
First Steps
You’re so right, EPIC fail- perhaps Google doesn’t understand the Fitbit community

Susanne
JeannieJax
Jogger

I strongly dislike the new update. Frequently Fitbit logs sleep when I’m just very focused on something at work. I typically delete that inaccurate data to not skew my overall data. Now that has dropped down to “other sleep” and I cannot find a way to delete it. Also the visuals in the sleep cycle graph are terrible. Really really unhappy! 

Saturnino
Stepping Up

Very upset with latest software update. This update has managed to destroy one of the best apps for tracking activity, in particularly the sleep tracking diagram presentation. It looks cheap, confused and takes away the clear depiction of the sleep stages of the previous version. Furthermore, I can’t see my dashboard any longer in my personal computer. My question to Fitbit/Google is why tamper with something that is clearly successful ? Why change for the sake of change.

For over 10 years I have enjoyed several fitbit trackers and have benefited from the activity tracking capabilities and well thought out fitbit app. As a supporter of the fitbit tracker, I am very disappointed with the latest update and would like to see these changes be called back - bring back the previous version.

XK934
First Steps

I have been pretty happy Charge 4 user. I recently started seriously thinking about getting the new Pixel watch to replace the fading Charge 4...and then I saw the new sleep layout and came to a screeching halt.

I'm looking into alternatives to Fitbit now. I

f you want to keep and show respect to your users, please hire a design team with appropriate and up to date skills.

I'm also worried that plans are already in the works to do something similar to the heart section including removing th  heart rate graphics for each day on the scroll down page. Please don't 

My thanks to any Fitbit people who read this and help address the issue.

JudyLango
Jogger

I always tend to dislike updates but I live with them and try not to complain. This update is so horrible that I felt like I have to figure out how to get the old version back. The old sleep summary was clear and easy to read. The new one is none of those. Please bring back the old version. 

BevyG
Jogger

Fitbit customer service support confirmed there is no going back. Guess we are all screwed 

Morriso
First Steps
I agree that the new update is awful
Sent from my iPhone
Unfitapp
First Steps

Bring back 2023 app interface, this new one is awful, with the last sleep graphics recently changed making it so painful to decipher. Please change back or time to move on from Fitbit. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.