New watchfaces for Always On Display

It would be nice to have more watchfaces available for the Always On Display mode on the Versa 2.

Right now you can only choose between analog and digita . 

Moderator edit: updated label

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MatteoS86, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about adding more clock faces options for "Always On Display" mode for your Versa 2 with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

eemathnut
First Steps

Yes!! I have yet to understand how I can't make the always-on clock face be the clock face of my choosing. Evidently I was spoiled by my Pebble. Why have two different watch faces at all??

Cagiest
First Steps

One of the main reasons that I bought the Versa 2 is that it advertised "Always On" functionlaity as well as customisable watchfaces. I never imagined that you would be forced to switch to a different watchface after a few seconds and not be able to view the watchface that you had selected.

I understand that the reasoning behind this is to extend battery life but I want to be able to view the contents of my watchface all the time and not have to fiddle with buttons etc. to be able to see this information. I had everything I needed on my trusty Pebble but this more modern watch is more like something from a previous decade. Please please allow us to use this watch as a watch. If I wanted to press buttons to see my customised watchface I may as well be looking at my phone. I'm very disappointed.

Programmatically this is a trivial thing for Fitbit to implement. I don't understand why you wouldn't allow this. You already warn that the "Always On" feature may impact the battery life. If I choose a more complicated watchface that updates once a minute and this will drain my battery more quickly then I am prepared to charge it every night if that is what it takes.

Please give us this option. I've seen other similar requests but I don't think when people were previously voting for an Always On watchface they meant a different one to the one they selected. Can you implement this feature in the way we want.

Thanks

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cagiest. This is a great idea and thanks for explaining why you'd like to have the option to choose a clock face for the Always On Display mode with us. I found a similar feature suggestion, this is why I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support!

curiousities
Stepping Up

Just bought the Versa 2 today and very shocked that I cannot set the always-on display to show my current heart rate at a glance. I also don't use steps or other features so they are annoying and useless to me on the AOD and make it look cluttered. I'd like the ability to turn off unwanted stats from the AOD and just show clock and heart rate. I'd also like AOD to be able to show heart rate in a BIG font with the time in a small font. I'd like this to be current heart rate but I'd also settle for being able to set how frequently AOD HR refreshes.

I second other folks' feedback that I would like to have more options for AOD graphically and also the ability to set any watchface for AOD/download AOD. The only workaround I can find at moment is looking for heart rate apps and leaving them running all the time/not letting display go to sleep which is a waste of battery and very unattractive.

romu006
Recovery Runner

Just to you know, most developers cannot yet publish watchfaces handling the always on display (that is why only a few watchfaces are handling it).

Mostly because Fitbit cannot yet easily check that the watchface drains the battery too fast (and possibly damage the watch, I don't know how)

I would, too, like to be able to choose another watchface than the default one when the "active" watchface does not support AOD (or better yet, be able to publish my watchface with the AOD option)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.