Offer dual time zone on Fitbit devices

I travel out of the country quite a bit.  My old watch offered a dual time zone feature which allowed me to see the local time but also allowed me to monitor time at home.  This made it easy for me to determine when I could call home.  I currently have Charge 2 and am looking at Ionic.  It would be nice to have this feature or at lest an app which provides this functionality.  I thought the apple watch could do

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

74 Comments
Toddck
First Steps

As a frequent traveler I would love to have a dual time zone feature on the Blaze.  Ideally this would be a new clock face that would display both home time/date and current location time/date information along with some indicator for which time is for which zone.

Jfly32
First Steps

I agree, I travel a lot as well.. Frequently in one day, to the point it gets annoying having to sync my phone just to update the Blaze Clock. 

It would be great to just be able to go in on the watch and just select a time zone. Or allow a customize feature where as mentioned, we can have multiple clocks displaying Different times and time zones..

All ties in with the fully customizing clock faces.

bkarpy
First Steps

Please make this a feature!  I travel a good bit for work and it would be great to have dual time zones on the blaze to keep tabs on what time it is at home...especially when family is wanting to chat while I'm away. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As a military member I require a watch with dual time zones so until this would be implemented I have to take two watches to work - seems like a simple request 

rickseiden
Jogger

Yet another vote for this feature.  Same reasons--I travel for work, blah blah blah.  I'd like a face on the watch that displays two time zones.  One is always displayed, regardless of the time zone I'm in (call it my Home Time Zone) and the other is the local time zone as synced from the phone.  If I'm in my Home Time Zone, only show it once.

Thanks!

TheDr78
First Steps

Great idea. Would love to see this feature (and waterproofing).

sgreenst
First Steps

Iconic- Need a 2nd Time Zone displayed on the watch face at all times.  I travel, and when I am in Bangkok, I want to know at a glance what time it is at home in Seattle.  I had two watches previously, ZenWatch 1 and 2, both did that.

fpoison
First Steps

One more vote - I work and live in two distinct timezones 6 hours apart. Would be nice to see current time in both and not have to calculate. Should be easy to add.

Zuriblue
First Steps

Agreed. I travel a lot for business and it would be really helpful to have dual time zones rather than having to sync all the time.

Scott83
First Steps

Would be very helpful to have dual time zones when travelling. 

FlyFrosty
Tempo Runner

I'm a pilot and know what you mean.  So...I made a clockface that:  keeps the local time on top (synced to my phone); rotates the bottom line between the date ((Tues, 28 Nov), GMT (21:37Z), and steps when you touch them.  I have submitted for it to be included in the gallery as a free clockface.  I hope this will help...

AusChanclan
Jogger

Frequent traveller, need dual time.

@Toddck wrote:

As a frequent traveler I would love to have a dual time zone feature on the Blaze.  Ideally this would be a new clock face that would display both home time/date and current location time/date information along with some indicator for which time is for which zone.

RajT
First Steps

Dual Time Zone (Back to the future)Dual Time Zone (Back to the future)

Dear Fitbit,

I am currently using an android watch, I have a spouse who lives in the Philippines, which is why the dual time zone would be a great feature to have for people like myself & its always a talking point.

As you can see from the image I've attached of my current android watch. I'll be using my Ionic watch for the New Year so that I carry on maintaining my health much better with your fantastic Ionic watch. 

But a feature like a dual time zone would go a long way for a guy like me. 

Thanks, 

Zgrrl
First Steps

This is the only feature I really miss from the iWatch..

RichTextFormat
First Steps

Would love this for the Ionic

RichTextFormat
First Steps

I hope the clock-face gets approved!

FlyFrosty
Tempo Runner

It is currently available in the Clock Faces gallery. It is titled TravelersClockface. The icon is the shadow of a G550 landing.  I've been using the latest version for over a week now...

RichTextFormat
First Steps
Awesome, just grabbed it. Thank you!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, specially if you travel a lot. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

AusChanclan
Jogger

I had an el cheapo Pebble prior to my Ionic, there are any number of dual time apps on Pebble... c'mon Fitbit!!

FlyFrosty
Tempo Runner

Soemthing like this?  It is basic.  The font color can be changed and the bottom time can be selected to 24 different time zones (I don't have it handling 30 minute offsets or autocorrecting for daylight savings yet).  The top time is still synced to your phone's time.

20180303_232324.jpg

mauser416
Jogger

Yes, that meets the purpose.  Adding a descriptor for each time would be nice e.g. GMT +6 or maybe LON or London.

23:19

GMT +6

Sat, 3 Mar

04:19

HOU

mauser416
Jogger

It would be a nice touch if the the city/UTC scrolled or if the city stayed for a few seconds and then the UTC slid in a for a few seconds, etc.

I made the mistake in Dubai of assuming that my phone had updated to the correct local time since it had previously updated in Frankfurt.  I almost missed my flight by the time I realized it hadn't updated.  The ability to have different font colors for each zone would be helpful.  The ability to apply a brushed stainless, carbon fiber and a simple textured black background would be very appreciated.

FlyFrosty.  Thank you very much for your efforts.  I don't mean to be ungrateful at all.

23:19

Moscow / UTC+3

Sat, 3 Mar

04:19

Houston / UTC-6

bkarpy
First Steps

flyfrosty...yes like that!  That would be perfect if you are saying the top could be the zone you are in and the bottom whichever zone you want to track.  

gep13
Recovery Runner

FlyFrosty, where can I find the Gallery that you mentioned?  I would love to get this installed on my FitBit.

Thanks

Gary

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.