Option to disable 'Water lock'

Many folks are reporting that water lock comes on when not desired. I experience this multiple times a day with my brand new Inspire 2. I do not even have Swim set as an exercise and I don't need or want the water lock function. If the button issue cannot be easily fixed, a simple solution is an option in Settings to disable the function.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

234 Comments
ivo12
First Steps

In another thread, someone suggested turning on Button Lock to reduce how irritating the water lock is.  When Button Lock is on, the buttons only work when the screen is on.  I tried it and it has drastically reduced the number of times that water lock is accidentally triggered. To do it, scroll past Notifications, Exercise, Timers, etc. until you get to Settings. Once in settings, scroll until you find Button Lock.

This really has eliminated my water lock frustrations.

Zoecal
Jogger

I agree...need a simple solution to disable “water lock”. It is very annoying. It needs to be easy to able it if I need it, and easy to disable if I don’t need it!!!

T3rra
First Steps

I have had my Fitbit Inspire 2 for about 2 weeks and it is constantly alerting me to activate the water lock.  PLEASE allow disabling of this function.  

Elishajg
First Steps

Please can you disable water lock. I've had mine fir 2 months no issue until yesterday and it is really annoying. Got my mum one yesterday as an upgrade from the hr and hers is now doing the same thing today. We only want to track our heartbeats and steps etc we don't swim.

drdoer
First Steps

Adding my vote to disable the water lock. I have had my Inspire for quite a while and never had this problem until the last update.  Now it pretty much happens every time I move my arm.  Extremely annoying!

Jay139
Jogger

Totally agree water lock needs disabling. I don't swim or wear Fitbit in shower but still this function keeps activating.  The Inspire 2 is my first Fitbit and it seems very temperamental. The calories count has just increased whilst I wasn't even wearing the Fitbit and it was on charge! The exercise function is also temperamental and can't always pause or finish exercise as yes it returns to water lock.

ADKzip
Base Runner

How many more of us have to report this as a problem before Fitbit fixes it????

BTW... one issue seems to be that if you double tap the side buttons (not the screen), it activates Water Lock.  This happens if you are trying to finish an exercise (double tap the side buttons as indicated, often goes to Water Lock not Finish) or if you are switching from the watch band to the clip (double tap to indicate the switch, often goes to Water Lock instead of to the change over).

nrhegteacher
Jogger

I vote YES to disabling water lock feature!

Coolm_19
Jogger

Please disable the water lock/notification! My Inspire 2 is constantly prompting me to go into Water Lock mode, I've only worn it for 4 days and it's super annoying. I had an Alta HR for a few years prior to this, so I know how to wear it correctly. The side sensors are too sensitive. Multiple times a day as I bend my wrist the notification to go into Water Lock mode goes off. This is during regular every day activities like playing with my son, at work and doing chores around the house.

egnurlaup
Jogger

Please provide the option to disable/remove Water Lock.  It is annoying and serves no useful purpose.  I will never use it!

Kittykatsue
Recovery Runner

Water lock is a bug.  It is not a feature.  It PREVENTS the device from acting as intended.  It is time to stop making excuses and fix the problem which appears to have been introduced with a software update in April.  2 months later, you continue to pretend that it is a user problem.  It a bug that needs to be fixed.

Timintom
First Steps

I too agree!! It is beyond annoying and frustrating to be constantly interrupted by this function. When I want to see the time, I almost ALWAYS have to hit the side button to remove the water lock. I have only had this fitbit for 3weeks but I am ready to return and get a Samsung watch instead!! If they don't come up with a solution for this soon that is exactly what I am going to do.

RSGDMN
First Steps

Will someone from Fitbit please let us know if you are going to disable this feature and, if so, how soon that will happen? I'm really trying to not have to send this thing back but this water lock button is an absolute deal breaker for me. So if you have no plans of fixing this at the moment, I'm going to return it. But I will hold out if you are truly working on fixing the issue. Please advise.

Coolm_19
Jogger

I put my request in with support as suggested..and they told me to restart and test it. Guest what...no difference!

suereigh
First Steps

I just received my Inspire 2 yesterday and am trying to get used to it. it has so many items to scroll thru that its a pain.  on my alta, i could disable showing items on my fitbit.  the Waterlock showing constantly is really annoying.  i also vote to be able to disable it.  i also would like to be able to only show what i want on the fitbit

Merricat
Recovery Runner
I returned mine and bought Charge4.
PJersey
Jogger

I've been wearing my Fitbit Inspire 2 less than 24 hours and it is already driving me crazy. It asked me at least 10 times in the last 3 hours if I want to turn on the water lock and I hadn't even left my house yet. Fitbit really need to disable this feature or it's going to affect the sale of this product. If I had known this before I bought it, I would have made another choice of watch.

turbocoder
First Steps

another vote to be able to turn off the waterlock feature.  This is unacceptable

Stherk
First Steps

I've had my inspire for 3 days and already hate the water lock feature. I vote to disable it. Its complicated to get it to go away and I can't see the screen I want to see. 

Fr_ed
First Steps

Had this new Fitbit for less than 24 hours and it is very clear the water lock thing is going to be a headache. An option to turn it off would be fabulous.

PJersey
Jogger

Can we please hear from someone at Fitbit on this issue? Not only is the water-lock feature coming on 10 times an hour annoying, it also eats the battery. Either fix the glitch or be an upstanding company and refund/replace the Inspire 2 with something that works correctly.

mroberts1
First Steps

Yes, please find an option to disable the water lock.  It is driving me crazy!

Jes1034
First Steps

The water lock option screen comes on EVERY time my hand hits the right side of my Inspire 2 (when the screen is dark.)  The screen doesn't automatically lock, the option to lock screen appears.  Clearly this is a bug that can be fixed without having to disable the feature entirely or tell your customers/users to wear the fitbit higher on their wrists.  Please make this a priority update.I've had my Inspire for a week, and it's becoming more of an annoyance each day.  You already have 130 people who have taken the time to find this page and comment.  Most likely we are a small percentage of the customers experiencing the issue.

acbailey17
First Steps

Another upvote for disabling water lock.  I'm a new fitbit user and couldn't figure out why every time I want to see what time it is and 'wake up' my Inspire 2, it's prompting me to enable water lock.  Worse part is, it's almost impossible to get the other screens to show once this prompt comes up.  so very frustrating

DonnaMG
Recovery Runner

Another vote to disable the Water Lock. It takes so many attempts to unlock it when I didn't want it locked in the first place.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.