Option to disable 'Water lock'

Many folks are reporting that water lock comes on when not desired. I experience this multiple times a day with my brand new Inspire 2. I do not even have Swim set as an exercise and I don't need or want the water lock function. If the button issue cannot be easily fixed, a simple solution is an option in Settings to disable the function.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

234 Comments
SandraDykstra
First Steps

Just got the Inspire 2 Fitbit and absolutely hate the water lock feature. I will never need it and resent having to turn it off every time I want to check my steps. I find it does not turn off easily and I have to double tap it more than once and so hard it hurts my wrist. Bad design and it is probably going to be difficult to return and it will get tossed in a drawer instead of helping to get me in better shape which is what I bought it for!! Very frustrated!!

Hsv2017Swimmer
First Steps

I am so dissappointed with the Inspire2.  It's useless.  It's always in the water lock mode.  I can't receive text messages or notification to get up and move.  I cant believe Fitbit hasn't recalled this product or fixed the problem.  I miss my old Inspire.  I feel this will go to the trash soon.

Captain_p0wer
First Steps

Please please please make it an option to disable water lock. Or at the very least make it so that it at least displays the default screen instead of the words water lock.

SandraDykstra
First Steps
I’ve given up asking but maybe someday someone will listen. I solved the problem by ignoring it. I wear the fitbit and refer to my phone which is synced and pretty much always with me, to read my steps, time etc. Not perfect but it’s not a total loss this way.
jenifs
First Steps

I’ve had my new Inspire 2 for a couple weeks and very frustrated with it. Not only does Water Lock come on randomly during the day, it doesn’t work properly while doing water aerobics class. My Fitbit randomly turns off exercise mode during the workout. I only get a 20 or so minute workout instead of an hour. Please fix 

Lyn1234
Jogger
If you can return it I highly recommend you do. We have been asking for 2 years for this to be fixed. Mine records me swimming when I’m just waking, running when I’m sat on the sofa and water lock turns on when I’m sleeping !
Absolutely not fit for purpose and I’ll never buy another Fitbit of any model after this (I used to have the HR Alta that was great but died)
If we hadn’t been in lockdown I’d have returned mine after a week but stupidly stuck with it hoping it would get fixed

Sent from my iPhone
Zoecal
Jogger
It is to bad Fitbit will not acknowledge all these complaints about the Inspire 2. Whenever I had a problem with a Fitbit tracker they direct you to the “Community” page! This page gives suggestions from other owners but NOT from the company. So when you buy their product, and you have major problems, you are STUCK with it! NEVER Fitbit for me again. I recently purchased an Apple Watch, had a minor problem, they stood behind their product and replaced it!

Sent from my iPhone
Amyj36914
First Steps

This frustrates me to no end. I don't understand why it goes straight to this instead of a "buffer" screen if there's a problem with the side buttons being activated by normal movement. I can't wear it farther up my wrist so it doesn't touch anything unless I want to wear it as a mid-arm bangle...which I do not. It also is uncomfortable anywhere but where one normally wears a wristwatch. It activates that and DND on its own while I'm working so I don't get notifications and can't check the time without serious effort. I'm glad I bought it used for $30...I wouldn't pay $100 for it knowing how badly designed it is.

Mstery999
Jogger

Another vote for option to disable water lock! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.