Option to disable 'Water lock'

Many folks are reporting that water lock comes on when not desired. I experience this multiple times a day with my brand new Inspire 2. I do not even have Swim set as an exercise and I don't need or want the water lock function. If the button issue cannot be easily fixed, a simple solution is an option in Settings to disable the function.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

234 Comments
KathyGH
Keeping Pace

Oh, I agree! I got the new Inspire 2 a couple of days ago. I like everything about it except for that water lock. I was considering returning it just because of the lock. I would vote to disable. 

jorray
Jogger
I did post on this topic many months ago, expecting some response from
Google to the postings. Radio silence. My advice: if the water lock
frustration is troubling to you and you are still in the window to return,
consider doing so!
MikeMP
Stepping Up

I too would like the Water Lock permanently disabled on my Inspire2. It’s frequent appearance is annoying when I have no need for it at all.

erin_nic
First Steps

The placement of the buttons on this device are a pain overall, they're constantly being pressed due to normal movement of my arm. I switched to fitbit from another brand but my old device had a button on the watch face. I don't think I'll be buying another fitbit with buttons on the side

Bobba1
Recovery Runner

Constantly the Water Lock screen is coming on.  Im afraid if it's on, I'll bump it and turn the water lock on.  I don't swim or get near water except to shower and then I take it off beforehand.

I've moved it up my wrist and have the monitor under my wrist.  Again. I'm afraid I'll hit it on something and break the screen. 

Please make it possible for users to disable this option.  It may be a deal breaker for me and I will get a different tracker.

gerald.desilva
First Steps

Voting to have a option to disable water lock, please. Its really annoying. Thank you. 

KathyGH
Keeping Pace
Then just move on and don't vote.
--
Sent from myMail for Android
Jayne2301
Jogger

The water lock is horrible. I have to deal with it probably five times a day. Please get an option to disable it! 

Sparkleninja
First Steps

My old inspire just died and this inspire 2 is driving me crazy with the constant zapping water lock thing. I have no interest in water lock and if I can’t turn it off I’m going to return this new Fitbit. I don’t even get any notifications on here just constant water lock neediness. Please get rid of water lock!

Bobba1
Recovery Runner
I stopped wearing my Inspire 2 and switched back to my Charge 3. I'll wear
that until I can afford another tracker that's *not* a Fitbit
Ekinnarney
First Steps

I had to get a new device when my inspire hr died. The constant vibration when I flex my wrist for the water lock drives me crazy!!!!! Disable it!

Lluman
First Steps

I don't swim, have set the device to "Ignore" swim, don't get near water. I have disabled 'Screen Wake' to prevent unintended screen touch. I don't want to see 'water lock' ever. It just gets in the way. Let me clean it out.

Bobba1
Recovery Runner
I switched back to my Charge 3, I'll sell my Inspire and get a Samsung
smartwatch.
jorray
Jogger
Agree. I objected to this many months ago and have been reading folks'
annoyances with it ever since. No Google response. Ever. Radio silence.
A shame. Customers don't matter. Clearly.
Diannekauf
First Steps

Please give the option to turn the water lock off. It goes off constantly during the day and it is most annoying when I and trying to go to sleep and turn over in bed. The movement make it go off and the light shines in my face in my otherwise dark room. Everytime it goes off I immediately regret buying the fitbit.

Watchuser72
First Steps

I also vote for a disable option. This is a terribly obnoxious design choice. It’s been one year since an official response on this chain with 450+ votes. Is Fitbit planning to make this simple change yet?

mirbol
First Steps

I do have reminders to move every hour...that I do not pay attention to. Not because I want to be lazy, but because 99% of the time is the stupid water lock.

Now, it is obvious Fitbit/Google won't do anything about this. It says it right there in the terms to submit Ideas and suggestions: "Fitbit, nor any of its employees, may accept or consider any unsolicited suggestions."

After more than a year, with no official response, it surely means they do not care what customers think.

I know now that if I ever get another tracker, Fitbit is out of the question.

Lyn1234
Jogger
Absolutely agree, in fact I’ll never buy anything from Google in future now I’ve seen how little they care about their customers with this ridiculous Fitbit that is completely unfit for purpose. It doesn’t even record my activity correctly and water lock is absolutely so annoying and unnecessary for most of us

Sent from my iPhone
dboud33
Jogger
I stopped wearing it
ADKzip
Base Runner

Fitbit never addressed these concerns pre-Google takeover and clearly has no plans to do so now.  Their definition of customer service is that the customer serves them (and pays for it).  Never again will I purchase or recommend Fitbit.  I will, however, continue to console my friends who foolishly bought FB products without due diligence!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's not all Fitbit products. I had a Flex for years which worked with no problems. I wanted an updated one and the Inspire 2 sounded exactly what I needed (the forum threads weren't in existence then). 
It's not the design (though it is stupidly bad and anyone beta-ing it *must* have noticed how annoying it is - it wakes me up with a buzz and a light shining in my eyes all the time), it's the fact that no-one from Fitbit cares. That there were 2 incredibly long threads on their forums (I think the other has been closed now) and the only solution they offered was unworkable. 
My daughter bought it for me as a present though she couldn't really afford it so I can't just ditch it. This is why I'm *so* upset about Fitbit ignoring us for over a year and why I, too, will be looking for other brands who care when this wretched object wears out. 

SNOOOZE
Stepping Up

I also add my vote to stop the water lock from unwanted activation.

The option to disable or delete the water lock feature is needed asap.

I think my clothing is partly responsible waterlock unwanted activation problems, i prefer clothes with extra long and loose fitting sleeves, aswell as wearing gloves for warmth & protection, and as they touch both sides of the fitbit the waterlock continuously has prompts buzzing to activate. 

Its bloatware, not useful, faulty functionality, cant customise and non existence of any help

I vote to get rid of water lock or have a way to disable it. No matter where I wear it on my wrist or arm the Water Lock option is lit up. It seems like any movement at all triggers this. So annoying and unnecessary. Absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been addressed yet.

3506cici
First Steps

Vote yes to be able to disable water lock feature. Hate hr 2. Miss original hr. 

Dnncatlady
First Steps

I am adding my vote to disable the water lock feature on Inspire 2. I don't swim and sure have no reason to wear it in a shower. It is constantly reminding me to lock it. It's very annoying.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.