Options for irregular, heavy or no menstrual cycle

This would be a very useful feature for those with irregular cycles, or those that have extremely heavy bleeding.

Anyone with non-hormonal birth control device(s), peri-menopause, menopause, endometriosis, fibroids, or other reasons for dysmenorrhea would find this useful.

I’m not looking for “predictions”- just needing a more precise method to log a health condition.

Also, knowing when I might be “fertile” is a minor annoyance, as I have a copper IUD, and no plans to reproduce.

Thank you for your consideration. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

57 Comments
Soihtu
First Steps

Yes! We really need the option for irregular or no menstrual cycle. There are numerous reasons not to have regular period, and it's very annoying, that every week the Fitbit app is predicting my period to start - again and again. I'm not post-menopausal, but I'm eating hormonal medication (after breast cancer), and my period is very, very irregular (but still going).

During chemotherapy there was this same problem: I couldn't put my period "on the shelf" in Fitbit app, but the app continued to predict it to start again and again and again.

NikiW
First Steps

How is this still not resolved all the years after its first raised? 

Like many of your users I'm in perimenopause and need to track missed periods / irregular cycle and can't 

maryonacross
First Steps
I’m on the pill, and I roll my pills together so I don’t have periods. My cycle is 21 days long. The cycle part of the app is too focussed on the period and not related enough to the whole cycle. It feels like if you don’t or choose not to have periods. The feature doesn’t work for you
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @maryonacross, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to choose 'No menstrual cycle' on the Menstrual Health Tracking. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Yinzah
First Steps
In menstrual cycle it asked me if I got my period today It says confirm or edit It doesn't give me an option as no. At one point this recalculated and I don't want it to because I think I'm entering perimenopause So I'm trying to track the days for my doctor.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yinzah, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding a "No" button when being prompted with the period prediction on the Fitbit app. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here.

You might also be interested in this other product feedbackPlease support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

limada
Recovery Runner

5 years of this suggestion and there's still nothing we can do if we're menopausal and skip periods?   Shame Fitbit.  This isn't an uncommon issue.  Where's the assistance? 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.