PAI (Personal Activities Intelligence)

I wish it was possible to use PAI score in the Fitbit equipment/app.  The teory behind is interesting and it works. Easy, visual and scientific proven by the University in Trondheim, Norway (NTNU).    https://www.ntnu.edu/cerg/personal-activity-intelligence

A cooperation, open up Fitbit pulse watches for the PAI app and integrate the PAI algoritm in Fitbit App.  Win-win solution. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. I hope it will get many votes.

KjellEM
Jogger

Guess I will go for the Apple Watch   https://www.paihealth.com/how-to-get-pai/default.htm

BRandyBRandy
First Steps

PAI is a cool way to track cardiorespiratory fitness over time. I’m using their website to connect to my Fitbit data. The graphs and data provided are very motivational. If would be awesome if the PAI Health website data and graphs were incorporated into the Fitbit app. 

GBoomer
Jogger

I have a fitbit versa 2, but I have to track my PAI score in a completely different web page on my phone. Not only is it inconvenient but I have to wait for the fitbit data to update across to PAI Health. I too would love PAI integration on my versa 2, or at least a PAI app available for the versa 2.

Safyz
First Steps
AndreasBrilke
First Steps

Hi, how is this doing? How many upvotes would it approximately need to be worked on? I guess these forums/boards are not used a ton and 32 upvotes are quite nice already? It would be a neat and nicely fitting feature!

IreneNOR
Stepping Up
It has been scientific proven that PAI is one of the best ways to support in measure the health effect of training. Right now this is only posiible to use with the mobile app. I suggest to include that as a choice in the Ionic ( and others) as a choice you directly can view. Should be possible to view at the same way as e.g. steps.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @IreneNOR, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to implement PAI as a selection for measure for Fitbit exercises. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Kfink13
Keeping Pace

I know that fitbit is looking at fitness score and gasification based on recent invite to participate in a competition based on activity zone.  However the beautify of PAI us that it takes into consideration the oersons fitness level.  Meaning if someone that us very physically fit gets 10 minutes peak activity minutes that is worth fewer PAI points then someone that is out of shape.  As you become more fit you have to do more work to con7ltinue to maintain 100 PAI points.  There by motivating both physically fit and those just getting started.  Rather then spend R&D on creating your own please incorporate PAI into the fitbit app and smart watches.  Please and thank you!

PHS273
Recovery Runner

I strongly urge FITBIT to include PAI Health score in all Fitbit models

KjellEM
Jogger

PAI score is now included in another App, Momento. Easy to connect to Fitbit. It works well. Nearly 5 years since i suggested this to Fitbit. The train leaves and Fitbit seems to be left on the platform.

PHS273
Recovery Runner

is it synched with fitbit device? where momento is available Thanks

KjellEM
Jogger

Synced with the fitbit app. Awailable on APP store. I don`n know about Google play. 

PHS273
Recovery Runner

Please allow PAI Health Score to Synch with Fitbit Devices as PAI is scientifically  proven yard stick for fitness

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.