Pill/Vitamins Reminder

Please make a pill/vitamin reminder that you can program through the app that will vibrate your wristband with the name of the medication/vitamin you need to take at the time you need to take it.

It would be extremely helpful.
Thank you so much!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

31 Comments
Rolartay
First Steps
I'd like to see and alarm where you can set it when you wake up from then on. That'd be perfect for people that forget to take their medicine, etc. Thanks
GettingDialed
First Steps

A reminder to take meds. Once logged consistently for a week a badge may be awarded!

Moderator edit: Labels.

Linz240
First Steps

I'd love if there was a way in the app main screen to add some kind of 'comments' box, and/or tablet tracker. 

Having just been put on more new medication it would be great to be able to record a) start date and b) whether I've taken tablets each day. It would allow me to track weight fluctuations and how active I was which would help with meds

Jcmolyno
Jogger

And glucose tracker

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit - how about adding a Dashboard tile tracker for use & reminding to take; Vitamins, Cod liver oil, probiotic supliments & prescribed daily medication?

ARFit
First Steps

A medications/vitamins/supplements tracker and reminder feature would be extremely helpful. I hope Fitbit finds a way to create one. In the meantime, I'll set an alarm reminder.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GettingDialed and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

malarr
First Steps

I'd love to have more flexibility in how alarms are timed or set to reoccur. My specific example is that I have to take a medication every few hours from when I wake up to when I fall asleep, but the specific times I take it change based on when I wake up day to day. It would be great to have a feature that allows me to tell my tracker, "Give me an alarm every three hours from when I tell you to begin (first dose when I wake up) until I tell you to stop (when I go to sleep)." 

I imagine other people might use this for medication reminders or maybe for exercise reminders? It would take away a significant portion of the cognitive load I have every day.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, specially if you have ti take certain medication at an specific time. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

GettingDialed
First Steps
Thanks for your feedback!
Oldermom
First Steps

I would love a pill reminder added to my Charge 2. It would really help!

@MSommer07 wrote:

Please make a pill/vitamin reminder that you can program through the app that will vibrate your wristband with the name of the medication/vitamin you need to take at the time you need to take it.

It would be extremely helpful.
Thank you so much!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Relph84
Stepping Up

This would be a great feature. Also for water intake and meals. I can get very busy or distracted sometimes and then I forget to eat, drink or vitamins. At the moment I need to install other apps to remind and I’m not a fan off installing a lot of apps for a lot of things that have actually the same perpose. I would rather have it all in one. Makes it also easier to change settings if needed.

jh1991
First Steps

This would be helpful to to track the impact on other factors as well. Ie. Am I sleeping better when I consistently take meds? More energy to be active? Etc. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to have a vitamin/medication reminder on the dashboard. I think it would be a great tile. I have to take a medication in the morning. I cannot take any vitamins for at least 4 hours later. Well, by that time, I have already forgot to take the vitamins. If I take the vitamins at night, I think they interfere with my sleep. With the tile, I think it would be a great help to keep it on track. 

If they have a tile to keep track of women's menstrual cycles, this medication/vitamin reminder is a no brainer. You do not have to put it on the dashboard if you do not need it. I like we get an option to choose. It would be great to have a variety of tiles to choose to customize your own dashboard to fit your own needs and interests. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MSommer07 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

MissElle1982
First Steps

I just got a charge 3 thinking to upgrade from a cheap £20 watch. The cheap one had options on a list for the alarms which meant I knew when to take my medication. It also had other options like wake up, meeting etc. I can’t believe people have been asking to name alarms for 5 years and Fitbit still haven’t implemented. Disappointing. 

njf175
Jogger
A new section in the Fitbit app that allows the user to track the doses of their daily medications that have been taken. Additionally, a reminder system so doses can be taken at the same time each day.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @njf175, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use medication reminders on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

NVanderver
First Steps

I'd also like to see a way of sharing all your data with your PCP. It keeps track of so many things that would be useful in receiving proper care from my PCP.

AJFromTheCafe
Jogger

I asked on Twitter if this was available & they sent me here. I am on post transplant meds & am back working full time now. I often lose track of time when we are busy & forget to take my meds. Unfortunately, these meds protect my new kidney & they need to be taken at a certain time (2 doses 12 hours apart). Having a reminder would definitely help me keep to my med schedule.

luckycharmsone
First Steps

I take 2 medication in the morning, I always forget to take my vitamins in the afternoon with lunch because well I have to take like 10 pills then I'm supposed to take a pill at dinner and always forget and last but not least I have 2 medications I have to take every night. I am good with morning and night but if I can get a reminder (without needed my phone all the time) for my afternoon and evening that would be absolutely amazing. 

PixieG
First Steps
Allow for multiple alarms to be set.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PixieG, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding the option to set multiple alarms or reminders to take medication. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Amanda1117
First Steps
A reminder and list of meds and supplements
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amanda1117, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to set reminders to take your pills or vitamins with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.