Please connect with the Nike Running App!

I really enjoy using the Nike app as it is informational, very motivational and provides lots of support with personalised plans and workouts. However, I also love my Fitbit as I can track my sleep and keep motivated throughout the day. Now that I have the Fitbit Versa I wanted to be able to go for runs with just the Fitbit and my bluetooth headphones however then I wouldn't be able to track the run on the Nike running app which I want to do because although the Fitbit tracks steps and heart rate, it doesn't give you a breakdown of the run with pace timings etc.

All in all, it would be awesome if you could connect with the Nike Running App!

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Dervlac! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

ViviHo
First Steps

It seems that others want the same since a while now, but nothing is happening. Is this planned in the near future? 

chillbit
First Steps

As a Fitbit customer of many years, I agree that this Nike / Nike+ account integration with Fitibit is long overdue!

Fitbit, we _need_ Nike+ integration... Don't force us to get Apple Watches to integrate our workout data with Nike, we'd like to stay with Fitbit. :0

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

smikhaylov1
First Steps

Hello Fitbit, 

It would be great if you guys supported the Nike Run App. I enjoyed my Fitbit Charge 2 but ended up selling it because it didn't sync with Nike. I have over a decade of data within that app and it would be great if I can continue to add to that while using a Fitbit product. Garmin syncs with Nike and I think I will have to go that rout if Fitbit doesn't add Nike to their synced apps. Thanks. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @smikhaylov1. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to connect your Fitbit app with Nike Run app with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Let us share with you that our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for participating in the Feature Suggestions and we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

zycowski
First Steps
I was wondering if there was a way to sync my FitBit Versa 2 to my Nike Running app on my phone so I can get my exact heart rate from my FitBit to my Nike Running app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zycowski. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to integrate Fitbit to the Nike Running app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here so we can keep this board organized. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Msapplecinnamon
First Steps
I would really love to sync my Fitbit treadmill activities to my Nike Run App. I LOVE my fitbit watch, but my friends challenge me on NRC. I refuse to run the treadmill with a phone in my hand- The watch should sync this for me. This is a MAJOR flaw on both Fitbit and Nike- Please Fix! Who cares about the contract with Adidas?! NOT ME!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Msapplecinnamon, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with the Nike Running App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

nassrimo
First Steps
To have the ability to sync activities with Adidas Running app
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nassrimo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with the Nike Running App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.