Please enable live location tracking!

I saw a post about this in the Ionic thread, but I didn't find anything here under Suggestions -- and i think it's an important one! Please add the ability to live track our locations ... for safety reasons and also for post-workout meetups and refuels! I believe it's standard for all Garmin trackers to have this feature, and it's honestly the one thing that's making me contemplate switching from Fitbit to Garmin. I live in the outskirts of DC and want to be able to run in the evenings and/or at night while being able to share my live link with my husband for security reasons. Please, please add this!

Sites like Strava can do this with premium accounts (they call it "Beacon"), but I'd rather it be part of my Fitbit device so I dont need any additional apps (or monthly fees!) ❤️

32 Comments
DJorvik
Jogger

It would be really beneficial for parents to be able to have a tracking device for when kids are out and about but you don't want them to have to worry about having to carry their phone about - especially since phones are larger these days and not so inconspicuous!

It doesn't even need to track a route to begin with, just make someone visible on Google maps at least!

tseidel
First Steps

This is an important feature to me as a bike rider.  When I am out on roadways for hours I want my family to know where I am in case of an emergency, like if I stop moving for long periods of time they can then call me.  Strava has added this feature for free just this feature for free just this month to enhance safety of its users.  If FITBIT cares about our safety they will follow suit.  

parkito31
First Steps

Yes active tracking please!  

Avid mountain biker, and I love ease of use of Fitbit wrist hr tracker. But the reason I need it is to have hr data on my Strava rides.  I use Strava beacon for safety, my loved ones hate it when I don’t.  

so currently I have to…

start strava on my phone, to enable beacon…

start a ride on my Fitbit charge to enable hr…

when my ride is over I stop both devices and have to delete the ride without the heart rate data.  Or it double uploads, says I went on a group ride with myself.  😅.

super obnoxious.  

Hmurph
First Steps
Be able to share your real time GPS location by email while you're doing an activity.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hmurph, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to share your real time GPS location with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Hi! It would be great to support share of tracking for those of us that like to share our location information with our family if we are alone exercising outdoors.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ExerciseRabbit, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to track and share your location with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.