Fitbit with all Charge 2 features that doesn't have to be worn on wirst

I'm a massage therapist and I love using my fitbit. The problem with is that I cant use anything on my wrist while working on a body. I know I'm not the only person that uses this but just can't wear one while at work. I would love to see a model that's possibly like a necklace but has the benefits and features of the Charge 2. I know I would buy it in a heart beat and many of my massage therapy colleagues would love to be able to own one as well.

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you @salguejas for this future product suggestion. I am sure that other users, who also can't wear the tracker on their wrist all the time, will be intrested in this idea. 

kemOx
Recovery Runner

@salguejas, this is a great idea, and I understand your predicament!

Actually, FitBit used to offer a product called the One—it didn’t have all the features of the Charge and it wasn’t a necklace, but it measured: steps, stairs, active minutes, and sleep. It was a clip-on tracker, and seems like the only other product that counted stairs, besides the Charge. For some reason, FitBit discontinued it in late 2017.

Several users have been commenting and requesting for them to bring it back, or provide a comparable option that is not a wrist tracker, for similar reasons as what you’ve said! 

Anyway, just wanted to say I totally agree, and hope FitBit will take into account people who cannot wear a wrist tracker for much or all of the day!

If you want to check out the thread and/or vote, you can find it here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/New-updated-clip-on-tracker/idc-p/2901068#M18096...

JEH1
Tempo Runner

Hello @ salquejas,Thanks for your post- I came to this forum through of a post from @kemOx in the other "New updated clipon tracker" forum he referred you to .

I wanted to vote for your post, but somehow my thumbs don't seem to be coming up.

I am a dedicated One user- 6 years now- and still hoping that Fitbit will realize it was the best product they had by far and come up with an Updated Clipon

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@salguejas

Have you tried to wear your fitbit on your ankle?

My grandpa does it as he likes a classic analog watch but also wants to track his steps. Don't know how good the hr tracking will be down there but it would definitely shorten the time where you aren't wearing your fitbit!

Glendamay
Recovery Runner

Fitbit doesn't really seen to care about the people that can't wear wrist trackers. A customer service rep for the company told me that they have no plans to make another clip on tracker anytime in the near future. The Zip is all they are going to offer

Brittnnii
Jogger

It's not a great suggestion, but I put a flex in pocket on days I have dance can't wear something on my wrist. 

Heather-S
5K Racer

Fitbit Flex 2 can be worn as a necklace.  However, it doesn't have all the capabilities of the Charge 2 due to it's very slim and discreet size.  You won't get heart rate or floors climbed.  But they are cheap and a good option to have as a back-up Fitbit.  I wear mine as a bracelet or necklace when I want to dress up and wear one of my nice watches instead of a Fitbit and then I'll wear the Flex 2 either as an additional bracelet or the necklace.  Then no one knows I'm wearing a fitness tracker.

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

There is a very active topic for people that want another clip on tracker.  Many of us can't, or don't want to, wear a track on the wrist.  KemOx shared the link to that thread above.

Now Fitbit has come out with a new tracker.  One I saw advertised as "getting back to their roots".  But as I pointed out in the other thread, their "roots" were clip on trackers.  First four models were each clip on.

How about giving us options?  I would totally buy the Charge 3 if it had a clip on mode option.  I would wear it most of the day against my trunk, but for sleeping and swimming, the wrist option is great.

Rossweisse
Strider

The answer is simple: Fitbit should bring back its best product ever, the One. It's small, rechargeable, and clips onto a waistband or other clothing. It can be worn anywhere (well, except in water), and is far more accurate than a tracker worn on the wrist. It is incomprehensible to me that Fitbit chose to dump the One (while keeping the cludgy, battery-consuming Zip), but it's not too late for them to make it right.

linzk717
First Steps

Agree, we definitely need a modern clip-on tracker with all the newest features. I'd buy it in a heartbeat! 

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

@linzk717

Me too.  Not sure how much longer my One is going to last.  It's approaching 4 years old and I've noticed the battery life is getting shorter.

I will need to replace it at some point, but I refuse to throw money at a wrist only model because I only wear the one on my wrist for sleeping.

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

Not sure what @Fitbit does not get about people wanting a One.  Just look on Ebay and Amazon.  They are going for a couple hundred dollars and used ones are over $150.  Fitbit is missing out on a lot of money, a huge customer base and following as well as great word of mouth advertising.  Cannot believe they are staying in business with inferior products that don't count steps if you are pushing a stroller, carriage, lawn mower, etc.  Not to mention all of the people that walk and text.  As a loyal One user, I wear mine every day.  I would never wear a wrist based tracker and then you have all of the other people that can not or will not wear one.  Get it together guys before some other company comes out with a clip on tracker that everyone turns to when their One stops working.  As for me, when mine goes, I am done with Fitbit.

Ariel85
First Steps

I work in the food industry and I'm not allowed to wear my wristband. Having sometjing I can wear elsewhere and still keep track of steps and heartrate would be lovely.

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

Agreed.  The Zip as their only clip on is just too limited in its features and the watch style battery has to be replace too often.

We need a clip on Fitbit that recharges and does more than just steps/distance.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The zip also does calories. 

We could use another clip on lwith a multisport mode. I doubt auto detect of exercises would be possible and definitely it will not detect the heart rate. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.