Premium activity report - recorded activities

I am new to Fitbit and have purchased premium. I noticed that the activity report will only show manually logged activities, not ones recorded using exercise mode (side button on Charge HR). I usually use exercise mode instead of logging activities manually, so to me this is a significant gap in functionality.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

18 Comments
Dainger1
Jogger
I agree with you 100% this is a major problem. Fitbit please address this issue and have recorded exercise mode workouts go into premium activity logs. Thank you!
DollaBill
Premium User
Jogger

I also agree 100%.  You shouldn't have to manually enter your activities for it to show up in Premium.  It receives all the sleep data without it being manually entered.  It should do the same for activities.  THIS HAS TO BE CORRECTED!!!

crippstar
Recovery Runner

Completely agree. The majority of the activities I do are tracked using the exercise mode button - cycling, gym exercises, etc. - for these to be missing in the activity report renders the report almost meaningless.

I also assume that the activity level is based on this data, as a rating of "fairly active" based on 2,100 daily average exercise calorie burn is probably a bit wide of the mark!

Come on guys, with just a bit more effort this whole platform could be really really good! 

Leigh2L4
Recovery Runner

I vote for this one also.  Not having this functionality is not only a huge oversight, but it's really not delivering what the Premium service is advertised for.  I'm extremely disappointed.

cskroeze
Jogger

Not only that, but this feature should also be available without a premium membership! Fitbit was so gracious to let us download our data for free, and I can look back at my individual activities, but I can't separate logged activities (manual or exercise mode) from any other "normal" activity.

It's great that I can see that I "moved" 200miles in the past months, but how much of that was running? walking? cycling? etc.????

JessLM
Jogger

Agreed!  This is a really weird oversight!  Why would the activities listed in the report be any different from the activities listed in activities log at fitbit.com/activities?  This just doesn't make sense!

HammonDaBone
Premium User
Jogger

Yes please fix this. It seems crazy to spend the money for the premium membership to get the reports, on top of spening a little extra for a fitbit that automatically logs your activities only to have to go back log it in the end. 

mychelleb
Premium User
Jogger

This is actually absurd that the activities logged in my app and even on the dashboard don't transfer over to the activities report.  This was 100% the ONLY reason that I bought Premium.  I never would have guessed that the two items didn't talk to each other.   What a waste of money!!  Please fix ASAP!!!!!!!!

Colinm39
Marathon Racer

Adding the planned activities to Premium could allow us to have a new report so that we can compare the daily effort from the planned activities/workouts. At the moment ALL calories over our resting/BMR go into the Activity Calories as planned, but an adjunct which shows the planned effort calories would be extremely helpful.

Marious
First Steps

I couldn't agree more with the comments others have left before me about how the premium activity report works. I thought that maybe I was doing something wrong with my Fitibit HR or that there was some kind of weird bug in the app... Part of the issue is there is NO DOCUMENTATION about this "quirk" in the Fitbit manual, the Premium description, or on the report itself - had to go digging through these forums to find any mention about it at all.

A major reason for purchasing premium was to be able to compare my activities to others in my demographic, but without the info recorded using exercise mode it is almost COMPLETELY useless. If I had any inkling about this... limitation, I probably would have saved my money and not bothered with getting Premium at all.

As a programmer with almost 20 years of experience, I know that the code changes required to include the exercise mode activity data in addition to the manually entered activity data should be relativity trivial to do. Not having this basic functionality at the start was a significant (but easily forgivable) oversight – not correcting something so simple (in a Premium paid service) once it was pointed out over 7 months ago is just insulting. Please, PLEASE - fix this ASAP! !  

PanicFire
Recovery Runner

IMO more of a bug than a feature request.  It shows in the non-premium activity list, it should do the same for the premium version. 

Voted +1.

michaelsbradley
Stepping Up

This is definitely a bug and cannot conceivably qualify as a feature request – it is not at all what I expected when paying (as a Charge HR user) for a "premium" reporting product.

FitBit, you should dedicate whatever engineering resources are needed to fix this bug (or shortcoming, oversight... however you want to describe it) as soon as possible.

JLC_49
Premium User
Jogger

I am echoing the above comments and agree 100%! FitBit needs to make the correction to the Activity Log so that whether activities are logged manually or by FitBit device, all are captured in the Activity Report.  Otherwise, what is the point of purchasing the premium upgrade??  I'm very disappointed and had higher expectations for FitBit!

rwkapler
Premium User
First Steps

this is a bug. fitbit is a company that makes it money from selling devices that automate the collection of data.  they developed a service that generates automated reports and sold it. these reports are designed to ignore the most readily available data? one out of the 4 paid for reports was designed not to be used with a fitbit tracker.

as a developer if i created a paid feature for my companies customer that was more useful for them if they didn't use my products i would lose my job.  stop pretending this is was a design feature and just fix it please.

ShawnJohnson
Premium User
Jogger

The data from the activities of the watch exists in the Dashboard, just pass it through to the Premium reporting!   You pass the sleep, the food, why would you not pass the activties that the Fitbit has recorded to calorie burn?   There is really no reason to have an autorecord feature, but not pass that information on to a useful summary report.   This needs to get up on the fix it radar as I just wasted $50 with the Premium product that is far less than Premium.   If you are going to make me log an activity, at least make it so there is a "logit" button.  

Moderator edit: format

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed - Just completed the trial of the premium, really was expecting to see all activity reports, IMO not worth purchasing premium without this feature.

juzbo
Jogger

I just bought the Premium today and am very annoyed that this report doesnt work for the standard activity logging method. ALso peeved that I cant access the Premium reports from my iPad or phone, only computer... Feeling like I havent got my moneys worth.........

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there @jessb417. Thank you for sharing your idea with us! I think this is a great idea as many users want to see their activities tranferred to the Premium feature without manually logging them. I'll make sure to pass this along to our team.

Thank you for participating in the Feature Request board.Smiley Very Happy

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.