Pro Sports Scores App and Headlines

Hi-

How about an app that can provide real-time pro sports scores and headlines, like NY Times does for news headlines?  I'd love easy access to World Cup score updates on my Ionic at the office, or to NFL scores if I am on a run or stuck at a kid's birthday party with no access to a TV!  

Thanks for considering.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

31 Comments
ChrisChad
Base Runner

I have a vesa, and I use the ESPN app on my phone, it lets you configure notifications for your favorite sports and/or teams for a huge array of sports. I have it set up for the world cup teams, and it sends me notifications for goals/subs/news/kickoff/halftime and final for the teams I configured.. it's not an "on watch app" but it helps me keep up with the game highlights while I'm at work... I used to use the "sprots" app on my pebble,a nd this replaces most of the functionality. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with everyone @Ericws

I definitely think that there is a place for an app like this, lots of users could find it useful.

Let's see what others think about it.

Ericws
Tempo Runner

Thank you.  I know I would like it!  Hope it might happen!

Dk-1
First Steps

Yes please begging for something for ionic

Flavius13
First Steps

Count my vote in too. Kind of surprised something doesnt already exist!

jpmaxwell
Runner

Sports score app for the Ionic  So you just check scores from your  Ionic...

Thanks 

Greenslice
First Steps

If this counts as a vote- please create a sports score app for the ionic. It wouldn’t be much more useful then the calculator!

thank you

Jasonnn
First Steps

Really would love that sports app so I can put to bed any buyers remorse not getting Apple Watch.  Appreciated

PredPilot
Jogger

I would love to be able to get a little notification or something every time my favorite hockey team scores. At the very least, just an ability to check the scores from an app on my Versa. I am not always able to watch the games, and I think this would be an awesome feature!

The_Superhoo
Recovery Runner

Not just pro but college sports as well!

The_Superhoo
Recovery Runner

College scores too!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PredPilot! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. You can also vote for this other Thrid Party App request too: Referee's Score and Time Keeper App. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Gareth7TW
Jogger

I would love an app that gives updates on premier League football and UK rugby scores. I hope someone develops one soon

JP634
First Steps

A sports update for versa would be fantastic too! Being able to see scores while at work would make my day.

Robby483
First Steps

Is any one out there possibly thinking about developing an app that would allow you to receive notifications about football scores? ( Sky sports or BBC sport?) I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of interest in an app like this and would love to see it. If I knew enough about coding I would develope it myself 😂 I would even pay to see this happen! 

kmm5538
Jogger

I just built two private apps for my wife and I to see MLB and NHL scores for Ionic and Versa. Because of my marginal programming skills and the complexities of logo usage and licensing, they will probably stay private forever. Hopefully this inspires commercial developers to create official versions soon. (Plans to make NBA and NFL apps soon)

I can't post the links here, but am happy to share for anyone interested in testing. Just send me a private message.

nhl.ionic.screenshot.png

mlb.ionic.screenshot.png

Greenslice
First Steps
I would love to see the links to your apps- can you share? think it’s
awesome that you were trying to help the Fitbit community with the ability
to view sports!

Thank you,
Josh
--
Best,

-Josh

Joshua M. Greenberg
215.801.0306 m
jgreenbergs@gmail.com
jpmaxwell
Runner
March 06 2019 
Announced Fitbit app will soon receive a major redesign the new design will make it easier to view and understand their health and fitness stats log data discover new content see the progress and challenges. 
The update also had Fitbit focus a new section found at the top of the dashboard that delivers relevant insights messages and tips to keep users engaged informed and motivated 

It is June 08 2019. Any idea when it will be released.   
RonP364
Jogger

I would also like to have a sports score app for my Versa.

jpmaxwell
Runner
Yeah. So would the rest of us,
But Fitbit doesn’t respond. Seems like they could care less.
Ericws
Tempo Runner

It seems like it isn't just me who would want this.  Oh well......

mdb17
Jogger

kmm5538 I would also be interested in a link you your apps. 

kmm5538
Jogger

Here are the direct links to the fitbit apps:

NHL: http://tiny.cc/fitbit-nhl

MLB: http://tiny.cc/fitbit-mlb

NBA: http://tiny.cc/fitbit-nba

NFL: http://tiny.cc/fitbit-nfl

If these are in violation of any kind, please kindly let me know and I will remove this post. 

Thanks!

mattisking
First Steps

Very cool thanks. Let me know if you’d like any help. I’d enjoy having a College version for football and basketball. Seems like a waste to start from scratch if you’ve got a good foundation.

akashjai
Jogger

Hi, I would like to help and update the app to display EPL Soccer scores. Would love if the same code base can be used to keep the UI same across various sports.

Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.