Push notification on phone when device is fully charged

It would be really useful if a notification was sent to the phone or email account when the Fitbit was fully charged. Currently there's a notification for low battery but not the other way around.
23 Comments
AmbreC
First Steps
I'd love it if you set up a push notification on the app to let us know when we're charged up to :hundred_points:.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmbreC, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a fully charged push notification on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sarahc127, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about receiving a notification on your phone when your Fitbit device is fully charged with us. You might also be interested in this other suggestionWe rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

Have you looked at Clock faces in the Gallery.

SimpleClockPro tells you when the watch will be fully charged when you put it on charge.

kar_mc1
Recovery Runner

Great suggestion. Can't tell you the number of times I've gone out to walk and left my fully charged fitbit on the charger.

As with everything on the Fitbits, there should be more options. So, for the "fully charged" alert, let user choose text, email, or alert from the phone app. Better yet, let us choose one or more.

AngelPerales
Jogger

Hi Lizzy.

How about add ING Bank to Fitbit pay?. Not only for one country. If you add all the suggestions about ING Bank, probably, you have a lot of comments.

Best Regards

byronjudge
First Steps

I agree.  A phone notification or an email would be extremely helpful and appreciated.

MrsSLHB_Fit
Jogger

This is a great idea and would be extremely helpful. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
In the app you can set that you can get a push notification when the batter is low.
*How about a setting in the app that allows you to get a push notification when the battery is fully charged.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding push notification on the phone when Fitbit device is fully charged. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi @YojanaFitbit,

hopefully the votes from my request also got merged into this one.

BR, Markus

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. About your inquiry, you can see all votes were also merged into this existing suggestion by checking your previous post. Were a total of 14 votes. Thanks for asking.

See you around.

ipwitan
First Steps

Even if the watch can't send a message when it is done charging, it could do the following:

Set a timer of the ESTIMATE of when it will be fully charged.

Set a timer for a specific time (if it can't estimate) that is will be charged.

I just need some kind of a reminder to put my watch back on! Anything!

I have seen this feature request dating back to 2014. Why hasn't this been done? 

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @ipwitan - if you have a Versa or Sense

Have you looked at Clock faces in the Gallery.

SimpleClockPro tells you when the watch will be fully charged when you put it on charge.

ipwitan
First Steps

Thank you for the comment. I did see a reference to SimpleclockPro on another thread but didn't check it out in full. I assume this feature tells the estimated time when when the battery is charged on the Versa, but doesn't send some sort of notice/alarm.

Since the thing charges so fast, it charges in about an hour. What i need to do is just set an alarm on my phone for an 1hr. I could even put a manual buzzer alarm next to it, too. So yeah, there are solutions.  But being picky, it would be a cool feature to add some sort of reminder for the phone or otherwise helps people put it back on.  The key point is "automatic".  

Even the phone app could detect when it is removed from my wrist and if it doesn't connect again in an hour, then give me a simple reminder to put my watch back on. This could apply to virtually any instance where I remove it, not just charging.

Guy_
Space Racer

@ipwitan- thanks for your useful ideas.

Yes SimpleclockPro estimates the fully charged time when placed on charge, but also allows progress to be monitored on the watch face as it increases during charging. This avoids tapping and button pressing to see how it is progressing. It also estimates the time between charges and keeps a log of charges to monitor how the battery is behaving over time.

As regards watch to phone notifications unfortunately it is not currently possible for developers to provide any feedback to the phone see Watch generated notifications API

However, the reverse is possible, with a suitable battery app on the phone one can receive notifications [raised by the app on the status bar] on the watch when salient actions need taking. For example, Macrodroid can monitor and report different levels chosen by the user and so can some apps.

ipwitan
First Steps

I think you nailed it. The watch cannot send this sort of message. And since this feature request dates back at least to 2014, the devs are aware of the limitation and haven't / can't implement it. So what else can they do?

Notwithstanding, a work around could be implemented on the phone side. 

If the phone can determine if watch is charging, then remind user to check status of watch to wear.

If phone cannot know for certain of charge status, then phone could estimate charge time, set alarm, etc.

There should be a general reminder to put back watch on wrist. A user may take it off to paint something, exercise where one can't wear a watch, etc.  I only wear this watch and if I am not wearing, I want a reminder to put it back on.

If phone senses that watch is not measuring vitals, then, phone set alarm/reminder to check status of watch in  x time.  If still not measuring, remind user to put on watch.

Honestly, this doesn't sound difficult. Although I don't know if there is a phone api to mess with.  I have a feeling that side is not open. 

Guy_
Space Racer

@ipwitan  good ideas - if Fitbit were willing.

Just tested the phone battery to watch alert via Macrodroid.

The macro is simply

Battery <= 25

Display Notification Phone battery needs charging 

It appeared on the watch.

Guy_
Space Racer

@ipwitan - ended up adding phone battery alert to my Macrodroid, looks like this.

20230206_221716.jpg

ipwitan
First Steps

interesting app!

Ryanlex
First Steps

I also endorse this idea. Would be nice.

alienbeing
Jogger

Yes please!

Normond
Jogger

I also think this is a great idea.  Many times I put my watch on charge in my home office and at night go out to watch tv and can get email google mail alerts to remind me it has been charged. Many times I go to bed without putting it back on and lose nights of tracking because I don't realize it till the morning...,  If it is implemented I am not sure how we will know it works and to set it for a notification ??

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.