Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,482 Comments
OldSalt45
Jogger

My app (iPhone) has also been showing only the 3 stages: Asleep, awake, & restless, since the "update". No more sleep score and the information provided is obviously incorrect as it shows several hours of restless time.

I've had my Versa 4 about 6 months and I am so done with it. 50 - 100+ floors every day when I struggle to get 10 actual. Too much uncertainty about the accuracy of all the data presented. I believe I can find a better tracker sold by a company that doesn't make changes that make things worse. Also, a premium subscriber, but that ends now.

sarapiepsblackb
First Steps
Amen! Time to notify the writers who cover these devices!
michw99
Jogger
Demand a refund. This new data is not what you paid for. My subscription was through Apple and they sent me a refund.
Sent from my iPad
Nawtykitty
Tempo Runner

The main reason I bought a Fitbit was for the sleep tracker. I have sleep apnea. Under the old format, I would bring my Fitbit to my doctor and we would scroll down the stats since my last visit. This helped him find the best treatment for me. With the changes to the format has made Fitbit totally useless to me. I can't use it any lo ger at my doctor's. There were other features I used that were downgraded or removed altogether after being bought out but the sleep stats were most important to my health. I still mourn the loss of other features as well but if you can only give us one thing back, please let it be the previous version of the sleep tracking.

Outdoor_Girl127
First Steps

Another user who hates the new sleep graphs. I'm not resistant to change but this has less functionality.  I want the scroll bar back that allowed me to see exactly what time I was I'm at different stages. That was very helpful in determining what was keeping me awake during the night!

TheRohnz
Jogger

Agreed. This has been a horrible update. As a premium user I will be canceling my subscription over this update. Sleep score has become unusable and an absolute unpleasant experience to interact with. I will be shopping outside of fitbit for my next watch.

Just so we are clear fitbit/google. I am unwilling to attempt to adapt to your horrible mismanagement of this interface. Your UI team should be ashamed, embarrassed and replaced. The management team who authorizes such changes should also be shaken up. Bad decision after bad decision. 

Anomoly
Base Runner

This new update to the sleep graph is HORRIBLE. If it doesn’t change back I will be leaving Fitbit. I’ve had a Fitbit since day one.. so it will be a sad day. 

Repman55
First Steps

Fitbit made the app less usable some time ago and now it has changed again!! The sleep part is no longer interactive!! Pathetic. Please take it back to 12 months ago when it was much more usable!!

Haleznz
First Steps

Does UX read here? Does anyone from Fitbit read here for that matter? I have hated using Fitbit since the changes started to roll out. Please, please give people the option to go back to the original. There was nothing wrong with how it was and it functioned SO much better than it does now. In what universe do product updates make the UX so so much worse? Listen to your customers - and fire the people who recommended, approved and made these changes. (Reposted with typos fixed!)

Tt44cgh
First Steps

Sleep graph is terrible. 

AbbyAllen
First Steps

Completely agree, the new graph is difficult to understand and the colours make it almost impossible to read. I’m also rarely getting a sleep score now too, not sure if it’s linked or coincidence. My Fitbit is rapidly becoming just a watch as all the useful features are either being removed (daily/weekly challenges with friends) or changing for the worse (sleep graph)!

meichinger
Jogger

Yes, the new design of sleep results is unreadable. I wonder how someone could think that this update is more userfriendly as the old one.

I cancelled my Fitbit premium because the only difference - the exact heart rate -  isn't registered any more. My next fitness tracker will surely not be a fitbit product.

Champchamp92
Jogger

Is it just sheer coincidence or is it something done on purpose that I have woken up this morning and my Fitbit has died? Like cannot be bought back from the dead, completely gone?! So I guess this is it. This is goodbye. Now I really need to look into my options to get a new tracker. And it won’t be fitbit. They’ve alienated us by not listening to their customers. I’d be buying essentially just a watch, the sleep change on the app was the final straw for me! 

Festy
First Steps

We all agree, FITBIT YOU WILL LOSE MANY CUSTOMERS, bring back the previous sleep format!!!  What are you waiting for?? Absolute trash

Suzy622
Jogger

Do not like the latest update, especially the sleep data. Please return to the previous version. 

Cahovi
Jogger

I don't like the new format either, but it's hard to pinpoint whether it's just because I'm used to the old one or whether it was actually better. 

As some people probably like the new one, why not offer a choice? As both codes have been written and should be accessible, it ought to be possible to implement a choice. Like that, everyone can decide which one they prefer, and there would be way less complaints.

RAD001
Base Runner

Please roll back to the previous version. What is wirh all the lines in the sleep....cant even read or understan this new upgrade. I pay for premium and this is definetly not premium!! 

Gpcwill
First Steps

I liked being able to separate the time asleep and scroll through the sleep timeline. I also noticed that it doesn't accurately track when I go to sleep any more. I went to bed last night a little before 11 and I know I fell asleep fairly quickly, it shows I went to sleep at 12:40??

DobieattheLake
Recovery Runner

I have bought various Fitbit trackers for my husband and myself for many years and we used them with the only issue being the new update. This has caused me to shop for another brand of tracker. I hate getting up and looking at the info for sleep since it no longer is easy to use and the information I seek is not available. 

Tabbycat0705
Jogger

I track my sleep everyday and HATE the new changes.  It is very difficult to read and I like to see what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night, but now have no way of knowing now.  The old version was better.  It is also difficult to read the heart rate tracker as it is also very messy and the colors blend together. Again 2 versions ago was the easiest to read.  I am so disappointed in the update that if it does not change I am going to fine a different tracker.  I have had 3 different Fitbits over the years and have really liked it up to now.  Hopefully someone will hear us and change everything to be more user friendly.  I am also disappointed that in the user agreement to post comments,  Fitbit doesn’t even have to read any of these comments and now own the comments and can use them however they want.  Really despicable.  

Lowcountrygal
Recovery Runner

First it as eliminating the Challenges, Open Groups, and the lively Community Feed because of the Open Groups. We also know that this is the last year you will be able to have a Fitbit sign on as you will be forced to have Google. This has fragmented what I can see from my FitBit friends as some have gone Google and wish they could revert back. Then the stark white interface which now requires scrolling and more scrolling to see everything. Last straw is the forced & lousy sleep graphs. Bland color, difficult to interpret, naps aren’t calculated — it’s a hot mess!! 
I have believed in and supported Fitbit for over 8 years now. These changes are not an improvement. Google has fragmented the Fitbit Community and has stripped away the reasons that kept so many of us loyal. I have little faith that Google will allow us to revert back to the old sleep graphs as we so hoped Challenges would be restored after all the complaints. I’m not sure why I’m posting all this as it will fall on Google’s blind eyes / deaf ears.  These changes are NOT improvements! 

Jfam12345
Jogger

I agree. There were many benefits to the previous data.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Mamabird0563
Jogger

My main reason for the Fitbit, is for  tracking my sleep. This new format isn't user friendly at all!!!

I want to see the different stages of sleep with time stamps, and  the same with the Oxygen levels. It's all blended together and can't even be read correctly.

What good is in the app if you can't read the information. 

Please fix the bug that's causing all this chaos in the app.

Maybe Fitbit users should consider a different product, I'm thinking a Samsung smartwatch is in my future. 

ShaLyn65
First Steps

Definitely not liking this update.  The main reason I chose Fitbit is because of the sleep details.  I relied on being able to see how long each sleep stage lasted.  If there's no improvement,  there's no reason to keep using Fitbit.

eelejey
First Steps
Today the format of Fitbit changed on my iphone, I hate it it is cluttered and not user friendly. The sleep tracker was the most important feature and you are no longer able to see when you were awake and for how long. Ditto for light deep and REM sleep. Unless the old format is reinstated I will not subscribe again
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.