Recognize Elderly

When you submit your age, the Fitbit should take that into account. Elderly might walk at a slower pace, for example, and still get credit for Active Minutes. Thanks!

Moderator edit: added labels

6 Comments
Janbird
Recovery Runner

An 84 year old friend would like to lower her step goal line. She walks about 5,000 and more steps a day but gets none of the fitbit rewards. Not fair.

10,000  steps is is good for someone young but seniors should be able to adjust it.

JL

Moderator edit: Added Labels

Helengardener
First Steps
It would also be useful to have a disabled category, it is still important for us to stay fi, it is difficult.
chris93
Recovery Runner

I believe if your fitbit is having trouble sensing you can always adjust the sensitivity of the tracker. That's a great idea though.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MeylinP
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I really like this idea! I think it's something that can help elderly people to have better accuracy on their stats. Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us! Robot Happy

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea! However, currently there are different ways to get your goals. Take a look at the following articles:

Norakubaz
First Steps

I'm interested in a senior mode for all fitbit applications. There are days when I don't do a 15 minutes walk (the minimum I can choose) or I don't swim more than 5 minutes without a rest. I want to be able to be credited as meeting goals for everything I put in. I may be 66 but I love seeing that I met my active goals which keeps me wanting to do more and more. I've been using flex 2 so putting this there but I want it available for my versa that I just ordered as well.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.