Track Friends Distance, Pace, and Time rather than Steps

This would be a great tool for people who are training for races, 5Ks, Half Marathons and Marathons. I was an avid user of Run Keeper and that was great for me and my friends/family because we would be able to see and track the ran, how far they went and the time in which it was completed. This would be a huge motivator! If you are judging based on steps a waitress my go to work then run 1 mile afterwards and hits 15,000 steps when a desk job runs 5 miles after work and only hits 10000 steps. For people who are training for races its more important to compare your distance and time rather than your steps. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

4 Comments
Georgio
First Steps

Months ago I purchased a Fitbit Charge HR from Walmart.  I ususally don't purchase the extended warranty, but decided to do so after the customer rep stated "if ANYTHING goes wrong with it you'll get a new one" so I thought it was worth $14 for the insurance.  Sure enough, about 4 months later the unit would not charge fully, and did not record my steps accurately.  So, I took it (with packaging, receipt and warranty) back to Walmart.  I was told at customer service that it was still under the manufacturer's warranty and that I'd have to contact Fitbit about a replacement.  When I caled Fitbit the customer service representitive stated (after questioning me about the unit) that Fitbit would be sending me a "new one".  It took about a week (!) to receive it.  It came in a nondescript manilla envelope with no instructions.  I was appauled that the packaging indicated that it was a "refurbished" unit.  When I sent an email to Fitbit to complain, I recieved a reply stating their policy and with the comment that they hope this "enlightens" me.  Really?  I will NEVER purchase another item from this company.  And I certainly will not be praising the Fitbit Charge HR to my clients and running club anymore.  Ya know, there's an old adage "20% of your clients give you 80% of your business."  Fitbit ought to keep this in mind, as "refurbished" doesn't promote customer loyalty. 

Radiantcynthia
First Steps
Yes! I would love to be able to start and stop my Fitbit in order to track an actual run!! Right now I have to use Runkeeper as well as my Fitbit. It would be great if I could just use one device.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea for people that is preparing for races or competitions. Being able to see the distance, time, and pace would be great. A great motivator. Let's vote for this idea as I think it will be of great use for everybody.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.