Settings option for wrist placement on Fitbit smartwatch/tracker

add an option in settings to change between wearing the Fitbit on the outside or inside of the wrist and change things accordingly. The most important change being the quick view direction. I wear my charge HR on the inside of my wrist because it seems to get better HR readings and I find it more comfortable, but the quick view direction is reversed and i lose battery very fast from it turning on so often by accident. (I have turned off quick view as a result).

I know many people who wear their Fitbit on the inside of the wrist and I feel that this feature will be really helpful to those that do.

Moderator edit: Labels

10 Comments
karobin
First Steps

My opinion is similar - I want it to have an option other than wrist as well.  Fitbit won't design any other way to wear it but the market has or people have improvised.  Fitbit has tons of requests but they are choosing to ignore them.   You can only set it to wrist - dominant or non-dominant.  I wear mine on my bra and choose non-dominant but it misses steps thinking it is wrist movement.   This comment falls the closest to what I would like to see added. 

Dougaldoo
First Steps

Can you add Charge 2 to the labels please. There seems to be lots of posts around the board about wearing on the inside, and although chat support have advised me it is fine to do this, it would be helpful if they could add an option that allowed this method of wearing to be accomodated more easily. 

nickawhite
First Steps

Emailed to request this feature for the Alta HR and was told to post here. Could we add Alta HR tag as well? Especially with the smaller device, I find it more comfortable "upside down" with the face on the inside of my wrist, but the "turn to activate" doesn't work with it there. It seems like a fairly quick and easy software change to add that option to the settings, much like dominant wrist selection. Hope they consider this feature soon!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea @RazorCat! I think it can help a lot of users to use their trackers in a more accommodated way . Please spread the word so it can get more votes!

Kenschwarz
First Steps

I completely agree that having the option to “officially” wear the Fitbit on the inside of the wrist would greatly enhance its usefulness. I have a Charge 2 and as I’m typing this on my phone it is much more convenient to want to glance down and look at the face of my Fitbit than to have to stop typing and shift my phone to one hand turn my wrist over. An enthusiastic +1 vote from me. 

PilarT
Jogger

This would be a great feature for those of us who have difficulty rotating arm and/or wrist especially after injury(s)

Jack_LV
Recovery Runner
Well I want to change wearing my Fitbit Sense from left hand to right hand,i should be able to update the Wrist Placement Setting right there on the watch, not having to go to Fitbit Sense app which i may not have with me.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jack_LV, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to change wrist placement on Fitbit smartwatch/tracker. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

EldritchHorror
First Steps
Due to some time in the army, I have a habit of wearing watches and the like with the dial on the inner side of my wrist.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EldritchHorror, thanks for explaining why you would like to see settings option for wrist placement on Fitbit smartwatch/tracker. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.