Record GPS map for all SmartTrack exercises

It would be great if fitbit recorded a map of your cardio exercise that could be viewed with the app. Also if possible the tracking and displaying your pace would be great.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Queen.B. Thank you for sharing your Product Feedback with the Fitbit Community. Let me share that the Fitbit app will show the heart rate and pace recorded during your activities, such as run or walk, on the GPS map. However, if you're referring to something different, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work or what problem this is trying to solve. This will help us to understand and categorize this idea better. We look forward to your response.

Queen.B
First Steps

I am not sure what you are referring to. Can you provide additional details? My fitbit has never recorded a map of my runs, walks or hikes. It will show me distance but only in steps not in miles or kilometers, duration and heart rate. The Garmin watches for example record a map of your activity that you can view to see your route. They also provide you with the distance of your activity not in steps and they show your pace per mile or kilometer. If there is already a way to do this with fitbit I'd love to know. 

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

@Queen.B there's nothing special you should have to do to see a GPS map or have your pace/duration/distance/zone minutes/heart rate/etc. appear in the app. The app is sometimes a little slow displaying some of this information, but it's there. Just tap on the exercise you want to view. You might not get a map for certain auto-recognized activities (I know "Sport" and "Outdoor Bike" don't show a map for me), but you'll get the other details including the heart rate graph. 

What version of the app do you have? There were some early 4.x versions that did not display the map or heart rate for auto-recognized runs or walks, IIRC. The latest is 4.14.

Queen.B
First Steps

Thanks for the information @mikey_pdx

@LizzyFitbit to clarify my original suggestion it would be great if these features were available for all auto recognized activities. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Queen.B, thanks for taking the time to clarify this product feedback about being able to track GPS map for all SmartTrack activities with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.