Regain Lost Features Android Dashboard

Hi.

I am disappointed that the new dashboard involves losing functionality and that the upper half of dash is isolated from the lower half so tiles can't be moved and also previous day's data is only visible in the upper tiles.

I am a Beta user and gave endless feedback in the thread started by @ErickFitbit for us to give our views but the release seems to have gone ahead without any being considered (we don't get told that bit). That thread is pinned in Android forum wil lots of useful ideas from us all.

I prefer the old dash but can cope with the new if it does the same things - this one doesn't and has been a massive disincentive since using it in both IOS and Beta. 

Please please consider those who use tiles other than those in the top fields and who also look at historical data and want to see a day in it's entirety not have to access every tile and graph individually, write hte data on papaer and then figure out how things are going!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
88 Comments
LesleyJW
Runner

As I've posted elsewhere.  You have already provided us with the option to switch between the old and the new dashboard.  Why not keep this option so that fitbitters can choose which to use.

All your customers would be kept happy, this is surely what you want !

Coppertopolo
Jogger

I miss the old Sleep tile.  I could see a colored bar graph that showed me sleep in blue with restlessness in red - with the times the restlessness occurred.  The new graph gives me a lot less information and is basically useless.  I want to know at what time of night I am restless to see if I can mitigate it.  Please bring back the old Sleep information and bar graph,

Liam_G
First Steps
My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
MrEd123
Stepping Up

I know I may be just echo others, however, I can accept the new design even if it may take a little while to get use to.

1. It does seem strange be a backwards transition from the android swip to an equivalent of the mouse click to change days. Clicking to bring up a calendar to select a date is acceptable. Allow swipping as an alternative at least.

2. The lower tiles do not update on day change. This is very confusing and not helpful. This has caused me to immediately switch back to the old interface.  There may be other issues but will have to wait.  If you want the bottom tiles to be able to reflect todays readings, not the selected day, then add new tiles which has today only totals that the user can select.  Leave the default to reflect the current day.

If forced to use without all tiles auto-updating, then the fitbit would go. There are other trackers available. The app is for users, and the designers need to remember this.

jupa
Jogger

I’ll just have to echo what other people are saying about the new mobile app dashboard. I sent an email to support with feedback and was directed to this forum page.

1. Swipe is a fundamental function. When they removed it in the Lifesum app a few months back, the swipe function was back in the next version. That fast! People are used to swiping. You simply do not remove it.

2. Colours are extremely important for a UI. When changed you find yourself in need of reading the info instead of just taking a quick glance.

3. The lack of historical data in the lower section was the definite show stopper for me. Now I’ll have to click in on every element to see historical data? That’s one way to go backwards into the future.

4. I personally don’t care very much for the step count or the number of floors. In the old dashboard I’ve set a whole different order of priority. In the new dashboard I can’t make the same priorities. The new layout with two sections is extremely limiting when it is Fitbit who decides what’s important for me, not myself. And, when on top of all, the dashboard is not showing the historical data on the things that are important to me…

I really hope that Fitbit will listen. And at least I hope that they never remove the old dashboard.

Kladz
Recovery Runner

Please add last weight and % IMC on the tile of the weight. Like windowsphone OS

VontaviousC
First Steps

You can

VontaviousC
First Steps

You can change back to the old dashboard via settings folks 

wkrahn
Recovery Runner
Please tell us where specifically in settings you can change back to the
old dashboard as I haven't seen it. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get
the old dashboard back. You have to be careful to avoid the pink "Try a
preview of the new dashboard" and once you touch that there was no way to
get it back without first uninstalling the app and the reinstalling.
jupa
Jogger

It is somewhere in the account settings. I’ve switched back allready, so I can’t say precisely where I found it.

But…

You can change back to the old dashboard via settings folks

And for how long do you imagine that this option will be available? I fear it will be gone not very long after they launch the new dashboard as default dashboard.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

They s ychange is good,but not in this case.I have tried the new dashboard and right away I did not like it.

There seems to be no order to the new dashboard,with crude graphics instead of numerical data which is what I want.

Please do not change the dashboard.

Thank You

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

They say change is good,but not in this case.I have tried the new dashboard and right away I did not like it.

There seems to be no order to the new dashboard,with crude graphics instead of numerical data which is what I want.

Please do not change the dashboard.

Thank You

Polariser
Recovery Runner

The new dashboard stinks..it's hard to see information clearly and quickly.. The color scheme doesn't help visibility either.

What was very clearly displayed information has been lost in icons.

The phone app was the main selling point of the Fitbit ecosystem and now this has been taken away.

Han68
First Steps

Layout wise the new dashboard looks clean, however the colors should have stayed the same and it would have been nice if it actually updated. i switched back to the old dashboard

JustChecking
Jogger

I REALLY dislike the new Dashboard tiles.   They serve no useful purpose other than taking up real estate. The old dashboard for the mobile app (only one I use) gave me the information I wanted on one screen without the need to scroll down, or touch the screen after entering the app.   Give me the option to go back to the old mobile app dashboard!

skrizanek
Jogger

I hate the new dashboard; please let us keep the old one! I want to see calories in vs out right next to eachother and be able to swipe for past days and see all info at once. 

dianeg
Recovery Runner
I don't mind the tiles in the new dasboard but I would prefer if you could scroll whole days and not just the information from the top tiles. I agree with another poster that the colour scheme was better before with the red, green and yellow. Also, I had an issue with the sleep portion showing incorrect values and 2 people asked me to send screen shots from the mobile app. I couldn't do this as every time I held my finger down on the screen, the dashboard went into edit mode. I hope Fitbit reads these posts and implements the functionality that users (purchasers), want.
Maxx8uk
Jogger

To get back to the old dashboard:

Click on the account card on the bottom right of the new dashboard,

Scroll down to advanced settings , 

At the top of the advanced settings page is the option to switch back to the old dashboard.

DEL3365
Jogger
Hi, thanks for the post. How soon are they eliminating the old dashboard?
I'm trying to get used to the new one, but I really don't like it.
mbcoopusa
Jogger

In short, the new dashboard sucks.

I like the organization and simplicity of the old dashboard.  Teh new one hides too much of teh functions .. you have the  "know" where to find things.

Two thumbs down!!!

--mike

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thumbs UP to mikes post.👍

Poo
Tempo Runner

Just want to underline how useless the weight tile is. At Christmas I expect to gain but it just says none lost which is stupid. It also means it won't show the gain coming off again without me having to manually change things, backward steps. I can take the bad news fitbit, make the tile do the job properly like it used to please. 

Movingtohealth
First Steps

Please may I have the old dashboard back? The new dashboard is totally awesome in looks only! It doesn't have any of the functions that we need on the new dashboard. 

Vett2013
Jogger

I do not really care for the changes.  I was just getting to where I thought I could navigate through the old ones, move, etc.

Not sure what prompted this change, I'm 72, why mess with something when I can navigate around with the old set up.

I vote, go back.

DebbieMcPA
Base Runner

Good morning - Every since the introduction of the "new" dashboard, I've seen more negative feedback than positive.  Is the feedback taken into consideration when finalizing it?  Will we be allowed to choose which dashboard we want when it is finalized or will there be changes made according to the feedback or will we be stuck with your decision to keep it as is?  And is there a projection date when you will make your decision as to what will happen to the "old" & "new" dashboards?  At the very least, it would be most beneficial to all of your customers to allow us to choose which version we want.  That way we can all be happy.  In today's technology, I don't think that's an unreasonable request.  I'm glad for the opportunity to give feedback on your new things.  I just hope the comments are listened to.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.