Remove multiple people from friends list

Team fitbit, Surely you can fix it so we can remove more than one person at a time from friends list. allow check box beside the names and click one button get rid of all of them. The way it is now is really so old fashioned.  I have been user since 2010 and have probably 400 non active users that I really do not care for being there anymore and it is way to time consuming doing them one at a time. Thanks

Moderator edit: Labels

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Craig

Thanks for sharing your idea with us! 

Let's see what other users think about this.

Menopause
Keeping Pace

Yes please - .about ttime.

Craig
Distance Runner

There has got to be an easier way to remove people from your friends list. Right now you have to go to the persons profile and remove. When you have over a thousand and looks like 200 or more of mine are inactive or opted out of sharing. You should be able to click beside the name in the friends list and  remove. I got notice this morning that I am over limit of friends yet it is going to be an act of congress to remove all the inactive people. Sort of like we don't want anyone removing friends. Would really be nice if you could highlight several and remove them all at one time. You have to remember I have been gathering friends since early 2010 and there are a ton that have left fitbit for whatever. Please try to make this easier.  You delete one then you have to go back through all the friends list to get back to the ones no longer there. 

Thanks 

Craig

userone
Recovery Runner

Agree with this suggestion. In most mobile apps you can swipe and delete an item or tap edit and select multiple. Can only remove one at a time by loading profile and deleting. For those of us that were several thousand over the friend limit when it got enabled, it’s impossoble to get to a state to add more active people. I too have been a member for 5+ years and thus accumulated a lot of friends

jendan22
Jogger

A feature on the app or on the website is much needed. Just this week I received my Versa and I am getting back to familiarizing myself with the FitBit community (after a few years off).  That said, I would like very much to remove friends that I had made at a very active time, and ones that are completely inactive.  Would be great if I could log into my profile on the website and be able to tick a box next to each friend if wanting to remove them. This business of clicking on their profile, then click remove, then click okay is painful. Hope this is an easy addition that can be implemented soon.

Ruckley
Premium User
Keeping Pace

Simple: there should be a more reliable way to delete friends. Checkboxes and then click on delete all checklisted friends. It is not reliable to go one by one, into each friend's profile and then click on remove friend.

Stoke1girl
First Steps

Totally agree!!! 

Like suggested tick boxes to highlight then delete multiple friends. Or swipe like on an email to delete 

definitely needs bringing upto date! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Better explanation of how contacts are going to be added to Friends list would be helpful especially for email. If it is added in error as I happened to do a way to DELETE it should be available. I cannot find one on site and when I contacted help they could not do it.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove multiple people from friends list. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Grateful4Ever
Jogger
In order to keep an active list of Fitibit friends, I would like to suggest the mass deletion of inactive users. Having to individually remove them is so time consuming. We should be able to filter by last activity and select a button to just delete all of them. Also I think we should be able to include a message that will be placed on each account
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Grateful4Ever, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove multiple people from friends list. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

HelixStorm
First Steps

Yes! Please fix this! There's a few things I think need to be updated with Fitbit and deleting multiple people at one time is at the top of my list. I have moved on to a different device because I don't feel Fitbit is progressing with the times. Nothing significant has changed since I joined in 2017. However I want to give my child my Versa 2 since she's just starting in fitness, but I need to delete my friend list for safety. It's extremely time consuming. I decided to get on the computer to see if there was a more efficient way to mass delete but now I see that it's even harder on my desktop.

I would love to see this friends list maintenance capability implemented. Here we are at 02/19/2023 and there is still no way to delete multiple inactive or unwanted friends.   With Googles strong programmer and coding backing, this is a no brainer and should be a non issue to implement.    Especially now with the ultimate removal of challenges, accomplishments and open groups.  While many Fitbit users will remain, many others will leave this platform.   Let's get with it Fitbit/Google and do something that will actually benefit your remaining 121 million users. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.