Removing Incorrect Heartrate Data

Being able to delete incorrect heart rate data would be very useful, the first day I got my fitbit Charge 3 the resting heart rate was wildly inaccurate, and I have not had that issue again since but that one day is throwing off my cardiovascular fitness rating. I would love to be able to have that day deleted from the history!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. I think deleting just the heart rate data could be useful in those specific cases, like yours. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

10Keveryday
Jogger

+1 to this feature request, have a bunch of incorrect heartrate data logged due to vibration. Would love to clear that out to balance my monthly graphs.

Tried a suggestion in the community of adding an activity durning that period but it didn't seem to help. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

yes! i agree. this would be very helpful. sometimes when i take my fitbit off and place it back on it shows extreme HR readings that i wish would not be calculated in and could be deleted.

PJs91
First Steps

I’m having the exact same problem. My Charge 3 calculated a resting heart rate at 5:30 p.m the first day I had it, so it’s about 8 bpm’s higher than my resting rate on all other days.

Aldak
First Steps

Likewise, Versa lite, day ones resting heart rate was higher than my subsequent days. I need to correct {delete} day one to correct the stats.

Others are seeing erroneous data collected when they take their devices off. 

The ability for the user to edit the data is critical. What's the point/use of having incorrect data?

With these type of devices people generally accept incorrect data will be collected in certain situations, the ability to correct should be a "no brainer". 

Clijockey
First Steps

@SantiR issues like this have been in the forums since 2016 - I have 3 days of heart-rate data (thats crazy at times) for a time the watch has been in my bag (mostly stationary in the office). Its is throwing off my data and so such it would be good to be able to remove the data. 

IainMH
First Steps

This is basic functionality. Why on earth can't we do it now? Do you have a ETA for when this will go GA? Thanks!

ToniWanKenobi
First Steps

Any update on this? I'd rather not change watches, but this has been an issue with posts dating back to 2017 and still no movement. It has botched my RHR data and I'm shocked that it hasn't been addressed yet. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.