Restore battery percentage on new Fitbit app

The new app version which I received yesterday (Thu, Sep 21, 2023) as an update no longer shows my battery percentage or profile picture to select it. Furthermore, the Charge 5 itself does not display the current battery percentage so how I am I supposed to know how much batter I have left (aside from connecting the charge cable).
899 Comments
sarcazm
Strider

The app has to have battery level on it because it is a basic necessity, like swiping down to sync.  

Jajo51
First Steps
I totally agree, it is essential to know when to charge. Mine says full on
icon but it is at 70%. This must be changed in the app!

Helped by Jane's iPhone or iPad mini and finger.
Jajo51
First Steps
Bring back the battery %

Jajo51
First Steps
Agreed, battery % essential to know when to charge Fitbit

BigGuy1
Jogger

I agree, bring back the battery life, so I know where it’s at when I sync my Fitbit. It was stupid to remove it.

Jajo51
First Steps
I agree, battery % is essential to know when to charge Fitbit!

gjmjg
First Steps

I was just forced into the new Fitbit app today, September 26, and it’s much worse than the previous version! I agree with other comments made in the forum, but the worst thing for me is that they removed the count of my step streak that used to be visible on the front page. Fitbit actually wants me to manually count how many days in a row I’ve hit 10,000 steps?  Why?! I was heard about 66 days or 67 days before this happened and now I have to manually count to figure out everything going forward. This is ridiculous. The app also looks worse, what happened to the colors, and the huge fonts make it like they updated this for senior citizens, who use magnifying glasses. Absolutely terrible!!

Bring back the step streak feature!!!!!!

tayenew
Base Runner

Yes, I have an iPhone and battery status is gone.  This bites.

When I click on on any feature example STEPS, I could in the old app scroll thru how well I did each day.  It was a fantastic feature.  I have a regimented exercise schedule and I could quick see what I did on each of the prior 4 Tuesdays. They got rid of that too.  If you scroll a bit lower and click on the STEPS button, that doesn't have it either.  Google, you just want to abuse us?  I still can do the same thing but I have to scroll forever one day at a time to go back 4 weeks!  This thing has become taxing!  If you go into the EXERCISE thing, you can scroll thru that and see what exercise you did through prior days but they got rid of the same feature in STEPS or MILES or ZONE MINUTES or CALORIES!   That feature on BP still works.  I don't know about the other below it because I have already edited out all the new items they provided.

JGrib12
First Steps

Agree! Super inconvenient not to be able to see the battery percentage. My watch falls off the charger with the slightest nudge and now I can’t check on the app to see if it’s actually charging. Please fix! (Along with most of the features of the new app, which I’m not a fan of at all, but this is top of the list.)

Craig777
Jogger

I have to charge devices for a number of older people, all of them have this problem and dislike the new design. 

Jajo51
First Steps
Fully agree as I am elderly too!

MarieWes
Base Runner

I totally agree with others that this new downgraded design sucks ... really bad, and there is not a thing that´s positive with this version. No battery%, the doll font is awful, no profile picture, and a lot of other hiccups (one of them was that the Fitbit apps kept freezing several times a day on my Google Pixel 6 Pro). I uninstalled it and reinstalled the "old" version after 2 days, because I had enough.

Jajo51
First Steps
Not too bothered about font, good and clear but the lack of battery % is a
major loss. How do you know when charge needed as the icon means nothing,
full or half!!

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

Simply a poor design decision, particularly for Charge 5 users. The battery % on the Charge 5 display is TINY, and without any information regarding what "Low" "Medium" or "Full" means to the app, those descriptors are useless. My Charge 5 right now is 72%, the icon in the app looks like it's less than half, and the device details page says "Battery medium". 

I don't believe anyone who worked on the app actually uses it, or any of the devices. 

Jajo51
First Steps
I agree that the device is difficult to read (mine is Inspire 2 so smaller
than Charge and no colour) so the App has to be relied on for charging
information. I hope a change is made soon, the icon are useless.

mgalwil
First Steps

Bring back battery percentage and bring back the old app!! This new redesign is just awful in every way!

Jajo51
First Steps
Most of the app is fine but the battery % loss is dire, it is essential for
knowing when to charge as device display is so small on my Fitbit, needs to
be on app not an icon that does not display accurate %.

Taco2000
Jogger

Terrible update, so annoyed and angry at Fitbit.  Battery % is necessary to know when to charge my Fitbit Luxe.  Please bring it back as soon as possible. 

Tkristo
Recovery Runner

Please, WITHOUT DELAY, return battery percentage to the app.  I am LIVID that this MOST USEFUL piece of info has been removed!! What were you thinking??? Apparently you weren’t.

Jajo51
First Steps
Totally agree, an essential is the battery %

AmyMiko
Jogger

When you click on the icon on the top left you see the name of your device there’s a battery pic, mines all black, when I click that it says battery full, I just charged it, I’m guessing if I wait it might give me a percentage.

Jajo51
First Steps
It changes to medium then low but I prefer a percentage to see how near to
very low etc, especially if to be away from charger.

ShentonPark
Jogger

Please add back battery percentage in the next release. I can’t believe you removed it in the “upgrade”!!

Jajo51
First Steps
I second that, an essential to know when to charge!

Tioughnioga
First Steps

Adding to the general voice here - I used that battery indicator a lot, and I need it back! In particular, it helps me tell the difference between my Fitbit maybe not charging right (like if it didn't quite clip into the charger, or the charger got dislodged a bit) and my Fitbit being dead.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.