Restore detail stats graphs in the iOS Fitbit app

Please restore the detailed steps/mileage bar charts (second screen) in the app that had 15-minute increments of steps or mileage for each increment. I last used it 7/29/21 to calculate a 6-mile run. I found it useful and used it often.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
78 Comments
MelissaCamille
Recovery Runner

Was this feature removed!?!?

i just spent a half an hour with Fitbit support about why my app wasn’t working after the update because I couldn’t get this expanded information. They told me I needed to update my iOS in order for the app to work properly when it seems they should have just told me they Had removed the feature. How incredibly disappointing. 

kiwigal54
Recovery Runner

I am so pleased to see other people are as pissed as I am that the step data (and caloric as well) is now a useless bar chart. Why on earth would you remove that!?  I have a serious health condition; I NEED to know how many steps and intensity of steps for my health and now I have to go to the website on my phone to get the info, ridiculous. I have spent hours snd hours emailing, chatting to Fitbit people about this; Im really disappointed in the response I have had. FIX IT…

pgandbg
Recovery Runner

It is obvious that despite their years of professing how concerned FITBIT is about my health and well-being, and their desire to be an integral contributor to it, this was but a sham. 

Some pencil pusher saw a way to save a few bucks and ordered the plug pulled on what he/she thought a frivolous extravagance. 
Not only was this decision made with no input from the user community, the company has been steadfastly refused to even discuss it. 
Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

All on this idea exchange thingy, please add comments to

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

more responses than this one, we’re on over 11 “pages” where this one is only 2!!

BruceD512
First Steps

When I questioned why that was dropped even though it is still available on the web version, this is the response I got.

“To better assist you, we'd like to inform you that we updated the Fitbit app for iOS devices as well as the Android device for enhancements and fixes so you can have a holistic Fitbit experience.”

i somehow missed out on the holistic experience.

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

So ridiculous!  I’m guessing you have an iPhone or other apple device.  I like how they said they updated iPhones and Androids.  Not all updates are equal.  Android devices were fixed!

please check out 

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

There are way more people there and over 11 pages.

DDRoc
First Steps

Strongly agree - I used this feature all the time. I viewed this capability as a differentiator between Fitbit and other fitness trackers. It's ironic that the first thing I see when I log into the computer app is the Steps dashboard in 15 minute increments with rollover showing the number of steps during the time increment. The same thing that was removed from the phone app... Thanks in advance for your consideration.

kiwigal54
Recovery Runner

Commenting again.  This is still not fixed; I can't believe it !! I am so frustrated that I HAVE to go to the web page on my phone to get step data. As stated before; I have a serious health condition and I need to monitor my exertion level on the go and you have removed that option. I don't see the see the point in even staying with you if this isn't fixed.

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

You should ask Kate is there anything you can do to get that information besides dashboard. Like if you bought a Samsung phone, android, could you get that information back again. You are working with an apple right?

rxj0415
First Steps

I've discovered that the information we are missing is available in a web browser. Go to fitbit.com and login to your account. Navigate to your Dashboard. 

cfrankt
Recovery Runner

Kind of annoyed that FitBit moderators closed the 12 page thread about this issue. They admit they did it on purpose, didn’t answer any further questions and then shut the discussion down.

Taking away the info isn’t fine, but okay, as long as they don‘t change the web browser dashboard. Whatever their reason, taking away the detailed info in the graphs is pretty lame. The graphs are essentially useless now. And at the time that the app changed, I was on a free trial of Premium, so it’s not like that info is available on iOS if you pay. Super lame.

PeterMax
Keeping Pace
The web version does not provide the same level of precision that the app used to. Web provides .9 for example while phone would report .95 etc

Peter McManus

Sent from my iPad
kejames
Recovery Runner

I’d also very much like this back. I used to use it to find the true start and stop times for an activity, which I’d use to correct the auto-detected activities that were wrong, which is especially an issue with start-stop activities like tennis and circuit training. 

Cayde-6
Base Runner

@LizzyFitbit 

Why was it determined that only iOS users of fitbit should lose the ability to directly interact with gui of select charts and graphs? 

pgandbg
Recovery Runner

It is painfully obvious that FITBIT DOES NOT CARE! 
Daily, I get email notifications from an ever growing number of FitBit users expressing their displeasure with FitBit’s arbitrary decision to degrade their reporting services. FitBit chooses to totally ignore their own Community input with no comment. 
Further, numerous reportings show that when concerned users manage to get in touch with a live Tech Support representative, they either side-step the concern, or allude that somehow this degrade is the users fault,  or that of Apple or 3rd party software. 

FITBIT has made their decision and they simply DO NOT CARE how this decision has negatively impacted their loyal user base. 
I can hope that corporate direction will change, but as with most poor executive decisions, they will first ignore all dissent opinions in hopes that the problem they created will just go away.
Unfortunately, this finds all of us concern FitBit users suffering through this all too predictable poor decision-making cycle. 

Kokobean07
Runner

From Fitbit moderater…”our team strives to improve our products, services and overall environment based on the feedback we receive” 

There was a lot of feedback received in response to removing the 15 minute intensity graphs. If you really want to keep this community happy why did you take it away? Anyway that’s what I would like to see, please return the features that you removed after stating for over a month that it was a technical issue. 

kiwigal54
Recovery Runner

Third time posting about this. Fitbit just updated tonight AND THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED. What is the point of taking away all the step data breakdown which is really important to have when you using Fitbit for medical reasons!! there is just a pointless green and white bar chart with absolutely no discernible information about how many steps were taken and when, all color coding that used to show intensity is gone. Unbelievable!!  

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

So you updated?  I still haven’t, afraid what else they’ll take away!  Did anything else change?

Kokobean07
Runner

I am appalled that they actually told Everyone that there was a problem and that we should all update our iOS and yet they knew that there wasn’t. I’ve been trying to vote on all these posts but it seems like that option isn’t even there anymore.

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

You should be able to vote and commenting you’re logged in

------------------------

I guess you’re right, I don’t see vote option at all

Zab7
First Steps

I agree, was very disappointed to see this detail by 15 minute increments disappear. 

Updates should be for improvements, not to take something away. 

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

Hey everyone I’m about to answer a question fitibit wouldn’t.  Bought a Samsung galaxy on tracfone for $100.  Just downloaded the fitibit.  I can kind of see why our iPhones are busted!

Once you click on, moves to landscapeOnce you click on, moves to landscapeThen like usual, you click on line and displays steps and timeThen like usual, you click on line and displays steps and timeLooks like iPhoneLooks like iPhone

Cayde-6
Base Runner

@Mom2Jacob by buying an android phone, all you’ve managed to do is give in, and not answer anything at all. 

I digress however, we’ve yet to receive any distinct information regarding the immediate removal of functionality being intentional, nor to what end. 

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

I didn’t just buy it for Fitbit but I did want to see if it worked.  I have a solar controller that gives off info to only androids.

Cayde-6
Base Runner

Anyways it would be great to get the lowdown on why such interactive functionality was removed from the iOS version of the fitbit app. There still hasn’t been any clear cut explanation for the removal. 

A disappointed premium subscriber. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.