Restore detail stats graphs in the iOS Fitbit app

Please restore the detailed steps/mileage bar charts (second screen) in the app that had 15-minute increments of steps or mileage for each increment. I last used it 7/29/21 to calculate a 6-mile run. I found it useful and used it often.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
78 Comments
Planeword
First Steps

Why is it taking so long to address this issue? Clearly not a priority for Fitbit is it.  I was considering upgrading from my basic Charge 2 but will now be looking at alternative providers.

PeterMax
Keeping Pace

Has anyone received an explanation or rationale for removing this feature? Thanks 

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

Unfortunately Fitbit employee told us months ago that they’ll never fix.  However if you buy an android phone, Fitbit is the same as used to be for all platforms including apple

KirstyMac
Recovery Runner

Huh.   Let me think about this for a moment... shell out for an android phone and dump everything apple, or.... buy a different fitness tracker.  I know which direction I'M going in and it sure ain't android.... 

Fitbit really are losing their apple audience. 

My ancient Charge 2 is heading for the bin.... as is fitbit.

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

I know it’s sucky! Can’t believe any company would do this kind of thing.  I wonder if original Fitbit people dreamed google would do this 

lizvang
First Steps

I too would like this feature back. I contacted Support once about it a month or so ago, and they said that they weren’t able to replicate and to delete and re-download my app, which I did but didn’t resolve, only to find out today that the feature was removed on purpose. 😕

I used the feature daily. The workaround to go to the browser version to use this feature, is not sustainable or convenient.

HannahJade92
First Steps

Fitbit you need to sort this!! I used that data every day and now the bar charts are useless! Please provide an answer as to why you’ve removed this function!!

pgandbg
Recovery Runner
Yes, it was sad when some bean counter decided to discontinue functionality that so many were using on a daily basis. But all our requests for reinstituting it has landed on dead ears.
vee
Progression Runner
I used to be able to click on steps on the iOS app and get a graph that could be zoomed in on. This would show the time of the steps. I could tell what time I got up in the middle of the night. I think these lines were pink but now there are white lines that you can't zoom in on. 
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @vee - you can use the heart rate graph to tell you when you got up.

vee
Progression Runner

Guy, that could help at night but is not a real fix. There are the times during the day I’d like to see it as well. The heart rate wouldn’t help me then. I’m also upset that they took it away! I used to use that feature quite a bit. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @vee, thanks for sharing this suggestion about restoring the way you could see your stats graphs on your iOS Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Your feedback is appreciated and we'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

vee
Progression Runner

Another function lost. I've been wearing Fitbits for over 10 years and have seen many things I liked disappear. Most products and websites get better, not worse. I've been so loyal to Fitbit but that is likely to change as well. 

pgandbg
Recovery Runner

Agreed.
It is sad when a company summarily turns off helpful functionality, then turns a deaf ear and ignore all those adversely affected.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

I know, it sucks!  I wonder how long the dashboard will be up as it’s the only good backup.

I have a Galaxy phone and the app works fine, just like old. It’s an apple thing!  Has anyone found out the same?

Edauria
Jogger
Well their strategy to frustrate apple users worked. I got an Apple Watch for Christmas and officially retired my Fitbit after 8 years! Love my Apple Watch! It’s way better than Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

How is their app?

pgandbg
Recovery Runner
7/10

It used to be better, but last year without any notification they dropped a whole level of performance detail. Despite widespread protests from power users such as myself they turned a deaf ear to our pleas to restore the detail reporting with no explanation as to why it was dropped.
pgandbg
Recovery Runner
When my wife and my Charge2s go out we will also be switching,

Sad
pgandbg
Recovery Runner
FItBit has remained totally silent on it. I will be switching to an Apple watch when my Charge 2 plays out.
Naherrera
First Steps

I don’t understand how you could have so many customers in your forums be asking for this one thing and not do anything to bring it back. It’s not like asking you to come up with something never seen before but rather bring back the method to the ios app that was previously there. 

Cayde-6
Base Runner

It’s not like asking you to come up with something never seen before”

And yet that is exactly how it’s being handled, as “Feature suggestions” 🤣..how sad, but true considering Google owns Fitbit. Perhaps there is a non-compete clause in the buyout that prohibits full function, eg Fitbit app v3.02 and earlier; whereas v3.03 started the decline on iOS. 

pgandbg
Recovery Runner

Yes, it is very sad that FitBit downgraded service with no prior user input and no prior user notification that the change would be included in what was described as a required system “upgrade.” 
Then. when “power users” began to sound an alarm of what everyone believed was a functionality “glitch” FitBit reps initially claimed nothing had changed or blamed the drop on an Apple upgrade.  Community concerns continued to pile up, but instead of providing users a response, FitBit remained totally silent. 
Some users suggested patience, assuming the functionality would be restored in the next update.  FitBit pushed their next update several weeks later and nothing changed. It was obvious then that FitBit intentionally discontinued this functionality and had no plans of restoring it. 

Frustrating, but there’s nothing to be done. 

Com

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

It's totally against Apple devices. If you have an android phone then the Fitbit app works just like the old Fitbit app. You can see all the detailed breakdowns of steps, miles, calories, etc.

PeterMax
Keeping Pace
It would be nice if they addressed why they did this ( and why they aren’t fixing it)

Peter McManus

Sent from my iPad
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.