Restore exercise log view on Fitbit app

Unless I log an activity, doesn’t show heart rate metrics.
I can’t quickly see calories expended, average heart rate, or time in heart rate zones
I have to click into an activity to see any details. Sometimes heart rate metrics show up, sometimes they don’t. Old graph far superior.
9 Comments
magicina
First Steps
Since the last update, I have noticed that I don’t get an overview of all of the activities I have done in the past. I used to compare the timings for my runs with previous day, but now I can’t do that anymore. I would also like to have a search option to only focus on a specific type of activity, as this would help with tracking my progress.
Used2LuvFB
First Steps

You are spot on.  I just contacted support about this very same issue.  I'm not constantly staring at my watch while I'm working, though I may check it from time to time to confirm I'm in my target zone.  

I am completely flabbergasted that there are no meaningful stats anymore.  I have been a loyal user for years and years, and have been looking for an upgrade.  I received a Google Pixel watch as a gift but realized afterwards that it isn't compatible with an iphone (yes, I know there are disclaimers on the product page ... what I can say, the gift giver didn't look closely).  

Not too mention there are a lot of other app data and statistics that have been removed.  Completely defeats the purpose of this app.  

Sadly the Pixel will be returned and I am now forced to leave FitBit and get something that meets my needs since Google decided to blow up Fitbit post merger.  Such a shame!

Fitchic78
Jogger

UsedtoloveFB it’s such a shame. Was such a great product.  

Faberbit
First Steps

Totally agree same concern. The new graphic interface seems like a 20 years ago version, poor graphs, characters and lost several important functions. So disappointing! It was better before and don’t really understand why Fitbit made such a significant step back. I’d like to see the old version in color and with zones re-established, heart tracking always and more condensed graphic to avoid scrolling constantly on the phone. Please do something

Carswe123
Base Runner
I would like to see the app the same way it is now. But the exercise portion of the app go back to the old version.
markp88
Base Runner

There are lots of things to be said about the new update and the exercise area...I agree with what you have said...I would like to add the following:

Show which Fitbit Coach workouts you completed within the Exercise Day's page. When clicking into exercise days, it shows a lot of blank space and just says "Rowing Machine" or "Workout" then entering it, you see your data...What would be amazing is to show what workout was completed. The "Workout" was actually a Bodyweight HIIT workout that was from Fitbit Coach. The workout should be shown so users can quickly remember and understand what workout they did, and include an option to click that workout again to launch it to do it again.

Apple Fitness+ offers this. It is a great way to track the workouts completed, vs. just seeing "Workout" with no further details as to what was completed.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fitchic78, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about restoring the exercise log view on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @magicina, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Carswe123, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to restore the old exercise view on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.