Restore original individual tiles & drill-downs to Dashboard

The new consolidated 'Goals' tile has a much-reduced functionality - and this format does not allow users to remove items they do not want to track (such as 'floors') while greatly reducing their ability to track detailed information that they DO want - such as 'very active' minutes. As there is no 'drill-down' facility from the mini-tiles on the 'Goals' tile, users cannot see their week-to-date progress, previous days' stats for comparison to today - etc etc.

Restore the display features and fucntionality that we had prior to 7/8 September 2015 please. 

50 Comments
RTFB
Jogger

I can't believe that any user input has prompted the changes just introduced by Fitbit. Everything I wanted (ability to display what I wanted and only what I wanted) was already there - now it's gone. To be unable to display number of steps/distance as a key item on the main dashboard panel seems to destroy the whole point for a great many users. A new version should seek to improve. As far as I can see, there is nothing that's better about the new dashboard layout, especially its lack of flexibility. Fitbit should immediately allow us to go back to the old layouts until they figure out how to fix this mess.

Patricias
First Steps

Like a lot of other people, I dislike the new dashboard.  It doesn't do what the other did in terms of information and the layout seems dreadful.  At least give us the option to revert to the old board if we would prefer this.

imcdaniel
First Steps

Why can't I see my Steps, Distance & Calories on the new Dashboard?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I concur.  Fitbit seems to be missing the principles Google applies to their user interface - namely, to keep it simple and uncluttered.  I should be able to see what I want to see, and just what I want to see - which implies having a certain amount of control over the content of my dashboard.  The new tiles may be desired by some, but that in no way negates the value of the old tiles to those of us who prefer them.  I don't even want to look at my dashboard now - and if I'm not looking at my dashboard, I won't be looking at fitbit.com, and I might be looking at a competitor's website to see what their user experience is like.  Fitbit, take note!

risingmoon
Jogger

I also hate the new tiles.  Please give an option to return to the old format,  Totally ruined my experience using this.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@SunsetRunner What's important to note is that if you hover your mouse over the new goal tile and click on the "see more" button that appears, you will see an expanded or drilled-down version of your fitness data.

Additionally, you are still able to see week-to-date progress on the Activity + Stats tile on Fitbit.com. If for some reason this tile is not present on your dashboard, click here for instructions on how to add it.

Lastly, there is a very similar feature request about being able to customize the new goal tile. If this is something that you would like to see as well, I would recommend up-voting and commenting on the request to express your demand for the feature.

Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board, I will be sure to take your feedback and review it with the rest of the team.

SnowieElf
Keeping Pace

Please bring back the original Dashboard!  I feel like I'm in Kindergarten with all the boxes.  The original layout looked much more professional.  

bigmom3
Jogger

I do not like it and want to disconutune my fit bit . give me the money that i paid for it back . it is of no use to me . you are not giving me what i need and like . this sucks and i get nothing from these new tiles . why change what works for me to something that is not anyway near as good as it once was . i no longer want to be a part of this . stop send me my refund and do not ask me to renew at any time . i am donna deemer .johndonnadeemer@gmail.com

scook
Jogger

I want the old dashboard back as well. Too many steps to achieve a quick visual of my activity.  I wish that we could opt for old or new styles, rather than a mandated policy. Otherwise, I LOVE my Fitbit and it does make me walk more when i wear it. Thanks !

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Thank you for your response. I was aware of the ‘drill-down’ from the new Goals tile, but it does not include Active/Very Active Minutes. Also, the sizing of the icons on the Goals tile is problematic - even if customizable, the individual goal tiles were much easier to see than the mini-icons on the Goals tile!
One of the reasons I upgraded from a ‘One’ to a ‘Charge HR’ was the ability to track VERY ACTIVE minutes. This new layout gives me no way to do so - all active minutes are tracked as ‘very active’ (now accessible from the ‘Activity + Stats tile drill-down) just like with the One. Previously, the drill-down from the individual ‘Active Minutes’ tiles showed the breakdown into ‘Very Active’ and ‘Moderately Active’ minutes.
It would seem to me that the previous design, with individual tiles, was much more flexible. I have already up-voted the feature request to make the Goals/Today tile customisable, but that would best be accomplished, from a usability/design perspective, by representing the individual dials as individual tiles!
scook
Jogger
awesome - thanks!
Michelle1
Recovery Runner

I support the call for an easy way to see the very active minutes differentiated from the moderately active minutes via the dashboard. The drill down does not provide this, and being able to reorganise the components in the new tile will not address this request. The "quick view" used to provide this for the single active minutes tile.

bigmom3
Jogger
for myself i have a small problem . and do not use the fitbit like most of
you . i just try to walk everyday and enjoyed seeing the steps add up . i
can not walk very much and try to get a mile a day but somedays i only get
in less then a half mile but i want to know just how many everyday . this
way i can not . you took away my blood sugar thing that i was able to keep
track of reading and now this . it just makes me upset and angry
loved1
Recovery Runner

Please return the old easy to view tiles. I do not want to customize the goal tile so I am voting for the request to return to the old tiles. Everyone's "goal tiles" are different and they were already able to customize their page to view tiles in a order that correlated with their goals. The new dashboard is awful and makes core tiles small and stating thereby making less important tiles larger and more prominent on the page. This change is a huge fail for fitbit, a company that generally has very responsive customer service, and it greatly diminishes my fitbit user experience. 

virglynn1
Jogger

The changes you made to the dashboard are horrible.  I need to see my daily steps or this thing is useless to me.   Can it be changed back?

GmaGeek
Stepping Up

My husband pointed out his dismay with the new dashboard.  As an accountant, he is on his computer all the time and likes to check current status, i.e. number of steps TODAY and this is hard to find.  When I looked I was upset that active minutes feature is gone.  Please bring these back!  We are major fitbit fans.  With fitbit, my husband was motivated to lower his fasting blood sugar to normal from 440 without drugs and walk across New Jersey raising $10,000 for Charity Water.  He just did a 5K charity mud run at 66. We are in our late 60's and motivated to stay healthy and very active by fitbit as we are both numbers people, even though both of us have always been sports avoidant all our lives.  Don't mess this up!!!!

Georges_grandma
Recovery Runner

Please, please bring back the individual tiles.

PawPrint
Recovery Runner

I posted this yesterday to the "I want to customize my Goals Tile" but this is really where it should be - apologies for the redundancy (but I do want this issue to get noticed!)

Count me as another who is hugely disgruntled with the new combined tile for steps, calories, active minutes, floors climbed and miles.  I had my old tiles arranged in a way that worked really nicely for me, and I don't understand why we're being forced into having the new tiles. I'm not having any trouble with the new tiles showing up or knowing where to get the info I want, I just don't like the new format.

I also loved the smiley faces with the hooray balloon - as someone in one of the forums said, they're like little friends cheering you on - silly but so much fun! Please, rethink this and let us have the choice to switch back to the old format!

By the way, before this I was super-impressed with the Fitbit organization; I got excellent help over the phone with a synching problem and they also replaced a Flex that I'd lost! I now own a Flex, a Charge, and a One, so I've committed myself to these trackers and do not want to switch over to another brand - so please listen and consider what we're saying.

mmarks
Base Runner

Moderator comment: @SunsetRunner What's important to note is that if you hover your mouse over the new goal tile and click on the "see more" button that appears, you will see an expanded or drilled-down version of your fitness data.

Uh... what am I missing? I do not get a expanded "drill down" I get taken to the "Activities Log" pages which I do not find helpful because I now must click to see details I'd like to see. 

That said, I heartily agree I would also like to be able to customize these tiles (both what they contain and size/orientation).  I could care less about calories and my tracker doesn't do "floors".  I realize these things are important to others, but not me.  

Thus - customizable tiles is a reasonable request.  BTW the single tiles allowed for this!! I could add the tiles that I found useful, and ignore the others  🙂

damorere
Base Runner

@DerrickS

Moderator comment: @SunsetRunner What's important to note is that if you hover your mouse over the new goal tile and click on the "see more" button that appears, you will see an expanded or drilled-down version of your fitness data.

This does not equal the drilled-down informiaton available with the quick view on the previous tiles. It simply takes us to the activity log, which provides modest details about only the floors, steps and calories burned. Additional information about the active minutes - the parameter of greatest interest for me - is not provided. I want to be able to quickly see (or at least see) the very active vs moderately active, etc. minutes. Some of this information is in the profile, but it is not easily readable and is bizarrely reported in fractions of hours rather than mminutes - Really? fractions of hours?! The previous tiles offered a wealth of information with a single click. Now much of this informatio is lost and that which IS available requires multiple clicks and changes of web pages. It is not available for a quick glance.
I used to love Fitbit, and recommended it to many people. I have probably "sold" dozens of them. This is clearly in the past. I am one of many longtime, previously loyal, fitbit users who are greatly dissatisfied with this uncalled for change which was handled very badly. Fitbit needs to fix this.

Moderator edit: format

feedback1
First Steps

I always loved the simplicity, positivity, and customizability of the fitbit interface.  The new dashboard has degraded my fitbit experience in a dramatic and negative way.   

(1) Please restore the individual tiles for daily activity / goals.

I want fast, easy, uncluttered access to the info most important to me.  I don't mind drilling down for historical data or more complicated charts, but I want today's key stats at a glance without squinting, clicking, or mouse-hovering.  

Previously, the tiles for daily steps, distance, active minutes, and calories were easily readable and prominent in my dashboard. These tiles were the reason I checked my fitbit dashboard frequently. Now, these items are crammed into one tile and the interface is cluttered with additional information.

I could see that someone who is checking their progress on a mobile device might like the combined tile, but for those of us who work at a desktop, laptop, or tablet might like to have the tiles for mileage / active minutes / steps / calories available individually.

(2) Please restore the happy face goal markers, or at least allow people to toggle them on/off.  

Count me among the people who enjoyed the visual of the smiley face / color change when a goal was met. It may be cheesy, but the simple positive reinforcement was a nice visual reminder of daily progress. It was particularly nice for people just starting out with their fitbit, to get that extra little bit of visual reinforcement and positivity.  This is not as critical a change as the restoration of individual goal times mentioned above, but is an example of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.  Give people the ability to turn off the the "cheer" if they want.  

Last week I was a happy fitbit user and advocate who had purchased devices and accessories for my friends, boyfriend, and family members.  I had no desire to check out competitive products because fitbit worked so well for me.  The expensive accessories, recharging difficulties, easily breakable wristbands, and niggling feature requests didn't faze me, because the overall experience was so good -- my steps were accurately tracked, the dashboard was tremendously useful, and customer support was good.  These dashboard changes have done what no competitive advertising campaign could!   We will check to see if the tiles are restored in the next month or so, and if not, research alternate tracker systems for Christmas 2015.  

Thanks for giving us the ability to send feedback.  

lw56
First Steps

I agree that the old dashboard was much more functional for what i need--I want to monitor steps/miles FIRST and not have to go down the page to see this--waste of time.

GmaGeek
Stepping Up
agree
--
Sent with Postbox
WJM980
Recovery Runner

I feel it was highly presumptuous of Fitbit to think that we would like the major tile changes in the "new and improved" dashboard. Previously, I was able to just have the individual tiles that I wanted (caolories, steps, etc.) and could instantly look at how I was doing daily/weekly for those functions. Now, you have to go the Stats and Activities tile and manually check each one which is very cumbersome, and far more time consuming. I strongly encourage you to put things back the way they were.

DW50
Strider

I can't believe that anyone would think the new dashboard is an improvement.  It is right up there with anyone that thought Windows 8 was an improvement.  I can no longer see the % of a day that I am not active, active, etc.  I could ssee everything in one page, and now I have to hover, click, veiw more, etc. and still can't see half of what I saw before.  I don't care what I did yesterday or whether I am ahead or behind yesterday, I just want to know how I am doing today.  If I am less active, and can see my percentage is down it encourages me to get up and walk, now I spent 20 minutes (sedintary) trying to figure out something.  Make it to where you can with a glance see how you are doing, and then get out there and do it.  At least give us the option to go back to the OLD Dashboard.  I didn't even like the NEW Dashboard when we still had the old one, but this one is even worse than the NEW Dashboard was then.  Please give us an option, not make us use something we do not like or cannot find the information we need.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.