Restrict what data is shared with 3rd Party apps

I want to be able to restrict when and what data is shared with 3rd parties such as Vitality. There scheme used to offer weekly rewards based on weekly steps but this reward scheme is now changing. They no Ionger offer the same weekly benefits and so I feel vitality are getting access to more step data than they need. There should be a way to restrict the data shared to the period required to claim a specific reward and yearly data if choosing to renew the policy for the next year.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Bramstar, I know that being able to choose the data that you'd like to share with other apps is very important,  thank you for taking the time to share this idea in the Community. Let's see what other members of the Community think! 

jorisva
Jogger

Would it be possible to only sync the exercises to RunKepper and not the calorie and step count? I recently noticed that not only the exercises are displayed in the RunKeeper feed, but also the calorie and step count and I don't want to share that data with friends.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jorisva, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.