Run Cadence

It seems since the surge is already tracking steps that adding cadence as one of the tracked metrics during a run (and displayed on the activities page) would be a very nice and somewhat trivial addition.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels. 

82 Comments
Bghall1991
First Steps

Cadence is very important for those trying to run more efficiently. Most of the cadence suggestions seem to describe specific devices. I'm hoping it will be considered to make this a stat for all devices that can be used to track running activities.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Bghall1991thanks for taking the time to share your idea with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your idea into this one. Even the current status is in "currently not planned", you can give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button.

rillbee
First Steps
Add a cadence metric in the "Run" Exercise mode (also "Treadmill"). Cadence = Steps per Minute (instantaneous and average (similar to mile pace))
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rillbee, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see cadence metric in the "Run" Exercise mode. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Snyderxc
Jogger
I have a Charge 5. Obviously a great device, with step tracking, HR monitoring, and built in GPS. The one (surprising) omission is that it doesn't seem to keep cadence data anywhere. I'd love to see this exported to Strava and available in the Fitbit activity info as a complement to pace data.
kenrhorne
Jogger

I have asked for this feature more then 4 years ago 

Fitbit clearly are not interested in runners , as this would be trivial to implement and very valuable for runners.

As it is still not implemented,this lets me know I should give up and make my next watch a Garmin

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Snyderxc, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync cadence with Strava. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.