SDK needs a color picker

Putting the app designer into the position of trying to second-guess what colors the end-user will want, is a pain for both the designer and the end-user.  Many other configuration APIs make use of a color picker for this purpose.  There are many designs, some showing a color wheel, some using sliders, some using RGB, some using HSV (hue, saturation, value), etc.  Anything is better than what is there now; nothing.

4 Comments
dragonBTV
Base Runner

Personally, I've tried an interface for the users to adjust world clock, time zone and daylight saving from within their Ionic.

It is not very efficient to finish more jobs within Ionic without the help of additional hardware buttons.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Nice suggestion @Rajid, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. In the meantime, you can use the Settings template in Fitbit Studio: it shows how you can display colour choices in a friendly way to the user, but there is some work to do on your side.

Rajid
Base Runner

Thanks for reitterating my point; that what is there is not sufficient and requires a lot of work on the part of the developer. The worse part is that the developer has to second guess what colors users may want, which was the whole point behind the request in the first place. I have solved the issue for now by ignoring the color selection and, instead, simply allowing the user to type in the name of the color they want, since many color names are already understood. At least if the name isn't already there, they can give the RGB Valle and get it anyway. A color pucker would be a much better solution, however.

Maxim_
Recovery Runner

Check out my color picker solution on Github fitbit-color-picker for Fitbit devices.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.