Scalable charts

Please add the ability to scale charts. I would like to zoom in to my heart rate chart for example, but this is currently not possible. The scale of my weight over time is not to my liking. I would like to be able to adjust the axes to suit my taste 

Moderator edit: Labels

35 Comments
2LittleLegs
Stepping Up

I totally agree - the graph displays should be dynamic in response to the user's entries. Eg for weight it should show a little above and a little below the range of weight that the user has entered. For BPM it should show from just below rest pulse to peak pulse. 

At the moment it is very hard to see any meaningful detail when the BPM is from 0 to 240 and the weight is from 3 stone below and 3 stone above current weights. It just looks like a straight line.

Zooming in would be a bonus, to look at a particular period of time in detail, but even just putting sensible y axis scales in the first place would be a massive improvement.

2LittleLegs
Stepping Up

I totally agree - the graph displays should be dynamic in response to the user's entries. Eg for weight it should show a little above and a little below the range of weight that the user has entered. For BPM it should show from just below rest pulse to peak pulse. 

At the moment it is very hard to see any meaningful detail when the BPM is from 0 to 240 and the weight is from 3 stone below and 3 stone above current weights. It just looks like a straight line.

Zooming in would be a bonus, to look at a particular period of time in detail, but even just putting sensible y axis scales in the first place would be a massive improvement.

MerlinStWahgwan
Tempo Runner

I'd like to recommend increasing the frequency in which the pure pulse heart rate graph records your average heart rate calc.

Currently the graph places a point every 5 minutes which shows the average of the last five minutes worth of readings, but this allows for a lot of inaccuracy in tracking short stressful situations, like a large stair climb in a mall or an angry phone argument.

Since the devices are already taking heart rate readings every one second I would like to recommend increasing the frequency of the heart rate graph from one point averaged every 5 minutes, to a point averaged out every 10 seconds

This would allow for a much more detailed tracking of all day heart rate

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MerlinStWahgwan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please implement a better view of my data

• App Ideas:
    • horizontal view in in App (horizontal instead of vertical)
    • zoom
    • different views (1h, 2h, 6h, 12h)

More: Hear-Rate-Graph-Zoom-Expand

hikerjohn1
First Steps

Please add any type of time scale to heart rate. Zooming in to the nearest hour would be even better. This is on the application site, not the watch. 

Salmondru
Jogger
On the fitbit.com dashboard, clicking on the "see more" tab of the heart rate tile should give a full screen chart of the daily heart rate. Currently it offers a full screen chart for weight and steps and sleep... but not for heart rate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Salmondru, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more details of heart rate on Dashboard online. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

OrionOiro
Recovery Runner

I would also like to be able to zoom in and out of my charts/graphs for both the desktop dashboard and the phone application.

For example, although I understand my Resting Heart Rate graphs can be changed between days/weeks/months/years, what would be better is if I could zoom out of my Heart Rate with months selected so I can see how my heart rate changes over the course of a year with the resolution of months. I simply want to see the trend of the line, not so interested in being able to see the figures. I cannot do this with either the phone or the dashboard. 

Below is an example of the dashboard widget which I cannot expand or open or do anything else with, it's always a tiny box. In the phone app I can see only a portion of a year using month resolution without being able to zoom out and see the trend of the entire line over the course of a year. Choosing the resolution of a "Year" isn't as useful. 

OrionOiro_0-1610538303477.png

GingerGarland
Jogger

I would really love to see more data by zooming too. I'm trying to monitor some heart and respiratory issues at the moment to help my doctor and cardiologist figure out what's going on with me but just having an axis of say 11pm- 9am with absolutely no markers in between to indicate hours doesn't help AT ALL- seeing peaks and troughs and having no idea what time they are makes it impossible to see if spikes correlate with symptoms i'm trying to monitor. 

I know we can hover over heart rate bars in the web dashboard for a tiny bit more time info, but i can't even see spo2 anywhere on there. If the data is already there surely its not too difficult for the developers to make it zoomable to show the user more precise information. People have been asking for this for 7 years now which seems an incredibly long time to not implement a requested and seemingly quite basic upgrade to a feature. I know for the average joe just tracking exercise is fine but for those of us who are trying to monitor health issues this kind of information to pass on to doctors is invaluable. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.