Scheduling a recurring Activity

There should be a way to create an activity that is applied and accounted for every day - like setting the alarm function.

For example, i have a one hour drive to work and a one hour drive home from work. During these two hours in the car my fitbit will count Steps and Floors, so then i have to remember to log into my fitbit account and add the Driving Activity so my Steps and Floors aren't higher than they should be. My fitbit will sometimes add an extra 10 to 30 floors when i am in the car.

This is really annoying. I should be able to setup a recurring activity - Driving 7:00 am to 8:00 am on Monday through Friday - and not have to worry about it counting steps and floors during that time.

This will create a more accurate and user friendly device.

Moderator edit: title and added labels

4 Comments
DoDver
Stepping Up

Or another solution could be to put a velocity upper bound on the stepcounter. You can always calculate the speed of the device based on an accelerometer. Thus, if the device is travelling with a speed of more than 20 km/h then the algorithm could filter these steps out from the datastream. This would provide an automatic way of solving the aformentioned problem. And well, Google Fitness App is already doing this. So if this is something you don't want to have it done by the Charge HR, you could offload this task to the mobile app, or the server backend.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@jonlee30 Thanks for sharing this idea with us. This can be really helpful if you want to program a driving activity or if you always go to a class (yoga, tai chi, etc.) at the same time and date. 

Thanks again for posting in the Feature Request board! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Every day I have 2 reoccuring activities that I need to manualy enter.

I was hoping to have a way to setup a automatic repeating event.

It really is annoying to have to manually add these 2 events every day.

Paul.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.