See more real time swim stats on Charge 3 and set laps as goal

It would be really nice to be able to see the number of laps I have completed during my swims in real time as well as being able to set a goal for number of laps completed (a major reason I bought was because I assumed this was possible and it is making me reconsider the device, pools have clocks on the wall, it isn't hard for me to keep track of time while swimming)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

86 Comments
chrishumby
Jogger

ive no idea i doubt the tech support team will listen it is supposed to have a lap counter on the screen but i dont think they know how to implement it to the device.

jbs12
First Steps

I agree with the need for a length counter, and on the Inspire HR as well

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Still no indication of whether this feature request is coming, the latest firmware seemed to have no improvements in the  swimming area.

I feel like Fitbit might be misjudging their community here, the absence of huge votes for this feature is not a suggestion that it isn’t wanted. It means that potential customers are not switching to Fitbit as their swimming tracker of choice because a quick google will show it lacks basic features. I switched from Charge 2 to 3 based on the Swim aspect but in reality I’ve merely gained a waterproof watch.

Every time I launch the swim exercise and read that message that states “full stats in the app” it frustrates me.

PopOf2
First Steps
ROldcorn,

I’m sure that the Charge 3 can’t be upgraded to perform the way we thought it would when we all bought the thing.

And I’m sure that FitBit is quite content to let us post as if those posts mattered. Our doing so dulls the edge of our disappointment while also stalling our returning the product until it is too late to do so for most people.

My Charge 3 is still my daily watch but, when I climb in the pool, I wear a Swimmo now. It does what everyone of us assumed the Charge 3 would, and what Fitbit knowingly mislead us about.

PopOf2
DavidRies
First Steps

+1 for lap count in screen during swim. I often lose count during long swims and the lap count is my primary goal. I was surprised this doesn’t happen already. And so I looked at the stop watch, hoping it would have a lap feature, but no joy there either. I love the phone app and gps tracking, but for swim, well I miss my old $10 Casio with lap counter. 

kb_56
First Steps
I agree entirely. I am new to Fitbit and bought the Charge 3 for the
swimming tracking. How disappointed am I. You are correct, all I have
done is bought a waterproof watch. I also cannot believe they cannot
include an 8m length, with 10m being the minimum. The majority of swimming
pools in Spain are 8m !!!!! Wish I had saved my money.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Malkt, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Pinotte
Jogger

Why can’t the charge 3 at least show you laps when you swim instead of just a timer. In running mode you get way more info on the same size screen. You could give swimmers even just a little bit more info without sacrificing size and needing to go up to bigger watch. Please add this in your next update

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Pinotte. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to see your swim laps on your Charge 3 with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

fusionchris
First Steps

The most irritating thing when swimming a targeted amount of lengths is forgetting the length number . To find out, once the fitbit has synced with the app on your phone, that you have mis-counted is very annoying and too late to do anything about it . There are devices that can do this and would suggest as a regular swimmer that this would be a much appreciated update 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fusionchris, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.