Selecting Multiple Food Databases

I live in Japan, but I'm American. So, I naturally eat a bit of North American cuisine along side the local flare. I'd like to use the Japanese database and the North American database at the same time. Right now, I'm adding to US database, though I'm not sure if I should mention that and/or if it affects other's results. 

Moderator edit: Labels added

11 Comments
ksltho
First Steps

It would be great to be able to select two more more food banks to quickly add food items. 

why is this not a default thing?

masschan
First Steps

I would have thought being able to select multiple databases at the same time would be a good and simple idea too. I eat a lot of Korean and UK food but would have to keep changing from one setting to the other.

Please make this a thing!

mnjetter
Jogger

Same situation here. I grew up in the USA, but live in Japan right now and travel frequently to Korea. I haven't had a problem yet switching back and forth between databases, but it's quite tedious, especially if I've had foods from multiple databased in the same day. On MyFitnessPal, they don't separate out the databases; it's all just there to search for. That shouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish. I'd just use MFP, but I like Fitbit's UI better and keep hoping that it will improve. Just having multiple databases is one step, but I'm getting impatient for the next move (which is something that really should have been done to begin with).

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing this idea! I really like this it. Switching between different databases would be great for people like who travel and try different amazing food which we'd like to track.

I wanted to encourage you to keep on voting so this idea can be more visible for our development team.

I hope to see this idea implemented soon! Woman Very Happy

Alol
Recovery Runner

The same issue here. I am an expat living in Mexico. I eat food that I buy in Mexican supermarkets but I also eat food that I buy in a US chain store with US brands and nutritional info. When I enter the foods into my dashboard almost every time I have to go to the settings and switch the databases, from the USA to Mexico and this takes time, it is not user friendly at all and just plain annoying.

Please allow multiple selections for the databases.

Thanks,

Alex 

Eremise
Jogger

I have the same comment:

I am French licing in ASIA, I eat various types of food: Asian (Chinese, Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, US..) 

it is painful to having to change the food DB country each time I have a different type of food. Could we have 1 database only that would recognise the country automatically without having to go and update each time?

Kit-Kit
Recovery Runner

This would be wonderful. I travel and currently live in the uk. I hate having to go back and forth.

Larinet
Jogger
Allow keeping at least 2 food databases active at the same time. Also shorten the steps it takes to switch between the databases.
It shouldn't be too much of increase in computational load while it greatly enhances usability.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Larinet. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to switch between multiple food databases easily with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

AdeRussell
Base Runner

+1 from me.  I use teh UK database but live in Germany.  I keep having to define custom foods when I can't get a close match.

strap_2000
First Steps

By all means please include this feature (allowing multiple food databases to be selected simultaneously) because it is a major hassle to continuously change from meal to meal or even for the same meal. 

I have a multicultural family And I’m an expat so cuisine types are really all over the place. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.